First and Only Airsoft Bolton woodland

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

alright fellow airsoft enthusiasts just wanted to know if anyone on here has been to the fist and only Bolton woodland site nd if so could share any insight on what to expect on your first airsoft outing, Im getting all my gear together I have the basics like CAMO,gloves,boots,vest, eye protection and headwear just wondering also if there's anything else I should bring ? I know the whole 3 games in no less than 2 months deal to be able to buy a RIF from a retailer so would it be worthwhile me waiting to get an RIF in black or tan or just get the gun I want two toned and then spray over after 3 games since I'd have a defence in the eyes of the law ? Sorry it's a long post just want to educated on these things

There are a few mixed opinions on what's best to do. I'd hire three times as you can get a feel for guns and what you'd like, then buy one when you've got your defence.

I think F&O's Manchester Woodland is pretty good.

• Supporters

I haven't been to the site but you sound pretty well setup. Personally I would recommend waiting till you can buy a RIF, I was really tempted to get a 2 tone but I'm glad I waited. Best thing you can do now is get an idea for the sort of gun you want while you do your 3 games. Most players will be happy to talk about their guns and let you hold them.

You seem on the right track and it's nice to see new players not asking how to get a UKARA license etc.

Well I just sort of researched before I started talking and getting into airsoft and I can imagine it's frustrating when people refer to UKARA as a 'licence' but joining this forum has helped a lot I like the Airsoft community I thought I was the only one who liked guns and being able to have a fun and realistic experience of combat and being able to suit up ! It's one of the best things I've engaged in.

• Supporters

I've been F&O Bolton. Wasn't my cup of tea. My experience was that the staff like to make themselves look big and hard and like they it all about Airsoft.

they didn't warn anyone or new people that the first game would last a few hrs so bring some extra BBs in a pouch or what ever and they didn't allow people to go off game to reload so using mid caps left me and some other sitting ducks.

Me personally I didn't like the place, the staff and their attitude and with that I won't play there or any of their sites. Luckily I'd had a number of games behind me so I bitten by the big but I think had that been my first game I'd have questioned if I could be arsed with shot like that.

I know it's personal preference but it doesn't sound like a good experience to me I reckon I'll give it a try I need my first 3 games to be with the same site just so I get my defence but I would like to try different sites across the UK but you gotta start somewhere eh where do you play now ?

• Supporters

I know it's personal preference but it doesn't sound like a good experience to me I reckon I'll give it a try I need my first 3 games to be with the same site just so I get my defence but I would like to try different sites across the UK but you gotta start somewhere eh where do you play now ?

I now play at Shock and Awe Wales. Fantastic site, brilliant staff and good players.

If your close try the Alpha One site near Huddersfield, really good set of guys, i played my first airsoft event there last Sunday and had a ball, will defo be going back on the 2nd Nov.

RE first 3 games, i was told you can play them anywere as long as you get the stamp, you dont need to play all 3 games at the same site.

I played my first game there (followed by F&O at Anzio) and can't fault it at all, I can't fault the staff or the other players.

my best advice is GOOD BOOTS. trekking through the lovingly named "Bog of Eternal Stench" in some old hiking boots left me with wet feet for the rest of the day. any half-decent pair of boots should be fine unless the bog is truly waterlogged (the bog does a good job of holding its water unless theres standing water on top of it), just make sure you have a spare pair of socks and shoes to go home with.

Still, it wasnt a day-ruiner, and the previous post about the staff not allowing you to fall back to re-arm and reload is plain old bullshit, the shop is open all day, they sell everything you could want (bbs, gas, GBB pistols, mags, protective gear), and you can peel off any time you want (or hide in a bunker to fill a couple of mags)

food is supplied in your fee (double hot dog, crisps and drink), you might want to bring a little extra if you eat like i do.

the hire guns are G36Cs by the way, absolutley fantastic, well maintained and you get a full brief at the start of the day if you need.

and on top of that, the guy that runs the place, whilst very opinionated, will go out of his way to help if you ask, along with every marshal i spoke to.

Hopefully ill see you at the next one ;)

I played my first game there (followed by F&O at Anzio) and can't fault it at all, I can't fault the staff or the other players.

my best advice is GOOD BOOTS. trekking through the lovingly named "Bog of Eternal Stench" in some old hiking boots left me with wet feet for the rest of the day. any half-decent pair of boots should be fine unless the bog is truly waterlogged (the bog does a good job of holding its water unless theres standing water on top of it), just make sure you have a spare pair of socks and shoes to go home with.

Still, it wasnt a day-ruiner, and the previous post about the staff not allowing you to fall back to re-arm and reload is plain old bullshit, the shop is open all day, they sell everything you could want (bbs, gas, GBB pistols, mags, protective gear), and you can peel off any time you want (or hide in a bunker to fill a couple of mags)

food is supplied in your fee (double hot dog, crisps and drink), you might want to bring a little extra if you eat like i do.

the hire guns are G36Cs by the way, absolutley fantastic, well maintained and you get a full brief at the start of the day if you need.

and on top of that, the guy that runs the place, whilst very opinionated, will go out of his way to help if you ask, along with every marshal i spoke to.

Hopefully ill see you at the next one ;)

Thanks for the replys fellas, I'm aiming to go in November my mate is still to get a few essentials to Airsoft with, but I can't wait to get to my first game we've been gathering bits of gear for a few months and hopefully will be set for November. Do you know what's extra with the upgraded package for £25 for the G36C ? Sounds awesome I listen to everyone's advice but best thing is to try myself but I'm sure I'll love it ! I'll try and post a picture of my loadout is there anyway off tagging people and how do you upload a picture on a thread ?

The normal package includes a camo jumpsuit, G36C, one full high cap mag (about 300bbs) and face protection. With the extrs tenner, you get a second mag, a bottle of bbs and a light chest rig to hold it all.

The only thing you need is the spare bbs, but they cost a tenner anyway, so you might as well get a bunch of hire gear as well :P

I have everything but a gun and mags right now, and trust me, one high cap is enough if you avoid using full auto all the time, just make sure you have a bottle/sock of bbs to refill the mag whenever you regen or at each brief.

To help conserve ammo, i bought a G&P red dot sight (other brands are available :P) and i just whack that on the hire gun when i go. This lets me target distant hostiles easier than using iron sights so i can make use of semi and work on my marksmanship rather than emtying my battery (F and O use some big batteries by the way, they wont die easy) and my mags.

Yeah same boat as me then more or less I'm looking at getting the G&G cm16, but getting a sight for the hire gun sounds like a good shout where did you buy it from ? Only problem I have with high cap mags is the rattle is there much stealth going or do people stick together because that'd be my concern if I'm alone don't want bbs rattling around in my mag, can you get mid cap mags at the site ? Hoping to be there November time. Thanks for the reply

Only problem I have with high cap mags is the rattle is there much stealth going or do people stick together because that'd be my concern if I'm alone don't want bbs rattling around in my mag

I think the 'lack of stealth' issue from rattling high cap mags is a bit overstated. True, the noise is annoying and it doesn't help with the sense of realism, but it sounds worse than it is in terms of stealth because you are holding the gun close to yourself; it's not like others can hear those BBs rattling from vast distances and instantly have a terminator-like bearing on your position, even less so if you keep the mag topped up at respawns and breaks so those BBs aren't clanking around in a mostly empty mag. And let's not forget that the sound they make is usually a reasonably okay guide to how many rounds you have in there, so it's not all bad news if you are expecting a protracted firefight.

Yes, if you are on one side of a doorway and someone is on the other in CQB they might hear it, but to be honest, they'll probably also hear the scuff of your boots, footsteps, the rustle of equipment, see your tac light flash on a wall, hear your team's voices, hear your radio, or if you have a metal AK that is anything like the real thing, most likely hear the fire selector switch going 'clack' from 2,000 yards away as you put it on semi. :lol:

If that rattle does bother you however, you can simply get some extra mags and change to a full one, then dump the contents of the half-full one before you stick it in your vest and move out. Sorted.

Yeah same boat as me then more or less I'm looking at getting the G&G cm16, but getting a sight for the hire gun sounds like a good shout where did you buy it from ? Only problem I have with high cap mags is the rattle is there much stealth going or do people stick together because that'd be my concern if I'm alone don't want bbs rattling around in my mag, can you get mid cap mags at the site ? Hoping to be there November time. Thanks for the reply

I bought mine from zero-one airsoft, but therr are loads of places. I cant fault zero one or the products (although they did mess up my order and send me a more expensive vest than i ordered :P)

As for high cap rattle: yes, they rattle, and no, unless you buy your own mags, you wont have any mid-caps. Its not a big issue however, as a bottle of bbs that isnt full will rattle way more anyway. I got round this by using a zip tie to hold thr screw cap of a bottle in the top of a sports sock. Fits nicely in my vest top pouchand wont rattle at all ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.