ACU vs OCP Question

Saber6-1

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was curious if anyone here ran either ACU or OCP? I have done tests with both here and had mixed results. Both ACU and OCP offer benefits and drawbacks. ACU has had decent results on cloudy days with a much whiter or grey skies and limited green vegetation whereas OCP actually stood out a bit more (why is that bush so green when everything else is dying off?). On the other hand, with brighter, sunnier days and much greener vegetation, the OCP worked very well and the ACU was a grayish blob.

I am beginning to think running the two uniforms is actually the better route, kind of a winter/summer thing. Being that I have both, not too concerned but wanted to talk to the folks who have actually worked these fields.

There's quite a lot of posts on here regarding the merit or lack of it of various camouflage patterns, the military's aim of having a uniform pattern to aid recognition and to be able to be effective in as many environments as possible has cross over to some aspects of airsoft. However as most will say or have said on here, in airsoft, its more about the look that you like, a fashion statement if you will, as good field craft skills will hide you more effectively that a camo pattern nine times out of ten. If you play in a particular environment or have a variety of camo patterns to chose from to suit given environments, then you can pick and choose to suit, (e.g. UCP for urban, MTP for arid, DPM for woodland etc).

I have a lot of respect for the guys who go to the time and effort to create a realistic faithful load-out to a particular unit or design, it may not be the best for a particular environment, but then airsoft is about enjoying yourself, not just on the field but also in spending all our hard earned cash on stuff we love!

I'd love to see some pics of your Cav Scout load out?!

Remember, "If you ain't Cav, you ain't sh1t!!"

CavNinja-

I will go thru my pics and try and find some to post. I have several from Iraq...lol.

As to the question about ACU vs OCP, I completely understand. Different styles and different methods of play. More than likely I will just roll out with my ACU gear. Served me well in the past.

~~SCOUTS OUT~~

~~GARRY OWEN~~

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.