G&G M4 question

n1ckh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Why does my G&G M4 AEG have a gas tube ?? As its an electric rifle, why's it there ??

Was wondering how to remove the foresight so when I looked at the exploded diagram, it showed a gas tube, when I looked into the fore grip, I could see it

Looks like they used a length of aluminium tube to replicate the gas tube

It has one because the real M4 has a gas tube, and it's supposed to b a model of the real thing. If it didn't have one, some front grips with vent holes would show the gas tube was missing, which would not look correct. But more importantly, your front hand guard would rotate because it's the gas tube which stops it from doing that.

I understand its all for realism (hence a replica) but I thought it was there for a blow back system and to see of anyone would point it out

Fair enough, wonder if it can be converted for a blow back system

AEGs with "blowback" have a small plate attached to the gearbox which moves back and forth with the piston. a bit of metal pipe on the front of an AEG is just that, a bit of metal.

The EBB on G&G M4's is basically there for noise and visuals. The bolt is shown moving back when fired and it makes a clang noise when it does it. Doesn't sound very realistic in my gun, too tinny, although increasing the volume as it does is a good realism aspect. There are blow back systems for AEGs that are more realistic with some recoil without having to go for the limitations of a GBB like the new bolt M4's that have reviewed very well.

I'm always thinking if things can be converted or modified but simple answer is

If i make any mods then there's more to go wrong

if you want recoil from an AEG the RM4's are damn good, love mine, but the kick is nothing like you get from a gas gun, and that is nothing like you'd get from a real steal AR

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.