Opinions/Reviews on R.I.F.T or Close Action

Saber6-1

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I looked up both RIFT and Close action as they are relatively near me. Has anyone played these fields? Anything opinions on them?

I routinely play at rift. I couldn't recommended them enough. Excellent games, good food, good community... Their excellent... I actually dropped my first site to go exclusively to coms site 3...ill go to their other sites as soon as I can.

I've only heard bad things about close action...

I routinely play at rift. I couldn't recommended them enough. Excellent games, good food, good community... Their excellent... I actually dropped my first site to go exclusively to coms site 3...ill go to their other sites as soon as I can.

I've only heard bad things about close action...

Excellent news! Being that they are fairly close I am now looking forward to playing. Do they have pick up games in case I just drop in?

"Pick Up games" is very much an American term. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I am still learning British terminology. You would not believe how long it took to figure out what quid meant.

At fields/sites I played at in America, random people along with teams would show up to play. The random people would be put into pick up games, and teams would be paired against each other as not to have unfair games. Some fields/sites didn't do that and they paired new players/pick up games players against actual teams. Not a good way to help grow the sport.

I just wanted to ensure that when I go to these sites I can just walk on and play.

Ah... The teams are arranged in no particular way. You all sort yourselves out to red or blue by standing either side of the courtyard. It's not as haphazard as it sounds, because mates/teams stay together, and everyone else gets split down the middle, regardless of numbers.

They then do a count and balance the teams. Any large teams are asked to make sure they apposed another, so you don't end up with 4 teams vs a group of random "walk on" players

I believe rift prefer you to book your day, by making a post on their forum, so they can arrange things properly. But it's free. That said... People often turn up unannounced.

They also have feedback and loads of photos on every day they run, so you can get a feel for what people think, before going. It's all on their page/forum. Last game they supplied a machine gun emplacement, with flash generator and sound effects... It was pretty badass, by the look of it...

I second all the above re RiFT. It's a really good all round experience and extremely welcoming for new players turning up alone. Give it a try!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.