Glasses

joshcowin

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi their im looking for a set of clear glasses that properly will never fog up.

I would go to mesh but find them to distort my vision.i have tried plenty over the last couple of years but none seem to work.thanks Josh

• Supporters

With any lenses it is not a question of will they or wont they fog up.

It's a question of WHEN will they fog up.

All lenses will fog eventually, you can treat them as much as you like, but they will fog.

If you find the holy grail of non fogging lenses please let us know.

It really depends how much you sweat and how quickly you fog up. But at the most basic level the only way to stop fogging is to get rid of the trapped hot humid air and replace it with the air on the outside of the glasses so that its equal temperature and humidity. Its that difference in temperature that causes the issues so solutions that target that problem are the ones that work. Goggles with fans in them for example will expel hot air and that can reduce the fogging but cost some noise. Open glasses that aren't fully sealed can allow air to filter through behind and hence reduce the problem, there are also goggles with small holes for allowing air to escape as well. Combined with anti fog solution that can temporarily delay the issue you can get an anti fogging solution that works well enough.

• Supporters

With any lenses it is not a question of will they or wont they fog up.

It's a question of WHEN will they fog up.

All lenses will fog eventually, you can treat them as much as you like, but they will fog.

If you find the holy grail of non fogging lenses please let us know.

I used to be of that opinion also, until I bought a pair of Bolle Cobras

They do not fog, even without a lens treatment (in fact putting something else on the lens may knacker the built in anti-fog properties). Are these then the answer to all our problems? Can fat bastards like me sweat to our heart's content and still see what we are doing?

For about 10-15mins yeah, but liquid begins to build up which distorts your view. 25-30mins in and I was having trouble spotting camouflaged opposition in bushes; 40mins in and that was about the absolute limit of their use.

The best product I have tried is Abbey Anti fog. It has to be used right otherwise you will have problems.

Once you spray it on you have to leave an invisible film if you don't, it won't work. Id recommend it every time.

I've found this as well. Absolute ballache if you don't get it right, but brilliant if you do.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.