Whats this for?

Mr Monkey Nuts

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Whats this for?

Two came in my TM Glock and I can't figure out why?

My Kenji is a ltlle rusty but so far I can make out is:

"you sirry engrishman I know your looking at this wandering why i do this and you no know! this just spare plastic to make you feel dumb! haha and you guys eat sushi! its raw fish! we play prank on you! no one here stupid enough to eat it! haha sirry engrishman!"

F6538F17-7795-422D-87D9-202E479D2AB9_zps

FD62D520-3B46-4739-AABA-06E804682910_zps

Whats this for?

Two came in my TM Glock and I can't figure out why?

My Kenji is a ltlle rusty but so far I can make out is:

"you sirry engrishman I know your looking at this wandering why i do this and you no know! this just spare plastic to make you feel dumb! haha and you guys eat sushi! its raw fish! we play prank on you! no one here stupid enough to eat it! haha sirry engrishman!"

*Kanji.

It won't just be Kanji either, it will be a mixture of Hirigana, Katakana and Kanji.

Unfortunately when I was teaching myself moonspeak I lost motivation quite quickly and I don't really remember much so I can't help.

D31B1693-9985-4095-A00A-ECC1F2F74AE3_zps

Like this .... Nice simple design, has its flaws but is ultimately reliable ... I like it!

I was expecting it to be like the GHK system where it sits under the feed lip and is a permanent fixture of the magazine.

Thanks for that guys.

Isn't dry firing bad...? Or have I been lied to?

If dry firing was bad, how would you test a pistol out of the box without going outside and using BBs?

If dry firing was bad, how would you test a pistol out of the box without going outside and using BBs?

Shoot at your duvet?

I dry fire occasionally, just once or twice to test, even though I was told it's bad... I just thought its odd that Marui would make a device for dry firing if its bad.

Dry firing at your duvet!! Lol

The military use 1p coins as platform depressors in magazines when doing dry training and skill at arms lessons, high tech eh?!

I remember doing the 'penny coin' in the mag when I was in the cadets and then the army, it was so annoying when the bolt kept staying back and you had to release the working parts forward

But then again, I started with the 'cadet GP A1' it had no gas parts, a huge cocking handle for single firing and iron sights

My boys use the 'A2' at army cadets, has gas parts, tear drop cocking handle (single fire only) and iron sights

But the funny thing was that the instructor had to tell you when the bolt was back so you had to change mags or had a stoppage

• Supporters

Isn't dry firing bad...? Or have I been lied to?

Dry firing is fine in gas guns, it's only bad in AEGs or springers because the presence of a BB slows the piston travel, without a BB there the piston head will slap into the cylinder head with a ridiculous amount of force and could eventually cause damage, or break the gun entirely.

In a gas gun the mechanism relies on the amount of gas travelling backwards to reset itself, the amount going forward is of no consequence and won't change anything whether there's ammo loaded or not.

I remember doing the 'penny coin' in the mag when I was in the cadets and then the army, it was so annoying when the bolt kept staying back and you had to release the working parts forward

But then again, I started with the 'cadet GP A1' it had no gas parts, a huge cocking handle for single firing and iron sights

My boys use the 'A2' at army cadets, has gas parts, tear drop cocking handle (single fire only) and iron sights

But the funny thing was that the instructor had to tell you when the bolt was back so you had to change mags or had a stoppage

I remember the GP A1 fondly. Do they really use the A2's now? That's mental. Although I got to use an SA80 A1 along with other cadets in what was called "Tiger platoon". But yeah, using an SA80 like a springer, what memories.

My 1st time firing of an A1 resulted in a JAM, I had no training on it

Yeah there using the A2, have been for a few years now, so now they clean as much as the army does :) no selective firing and SUSATS, they've been wearing MTP clothes for about 5 years aswell, no more light weights, shirts, jumpers etc etc

Before my boys did any 'live firing' they start on air rifles, then train with the A2's and get tested on them, now they start with a basic blue star to say they passed everything then work up to there 1 star

Its changed so much since I was a cadet, they Can't sleep out in the rain anymore, they dont do P.T and can't ride in any sort of military vehicles anymore (great times p*****g out the back of a 4 tonner) all transport is white vans and coaches

I had a crack on the LSW, SA80 and the GPMG (gympie) when in the cadets on exercise on Salisbury plain with the local T.A

Funny enough, I have 3 springer sa80's to train my boys with, just to give them extra help, its amazing what memories and skills come back when you have an sa80 in your hands

Ah man that sucks about the camping. Nothing was more fun than being taken somewhere in the back of a 4 tonne then jumping out and setting up a camp in the rain. Then sitting on sentry waiting for an attack.

Yeah, when i was in the cadets you had to pass weapon handling before you was allowed to fire blanks. Before you could fire live on the GP you had to pass on a .22 bolt action rifle. Think that was a 15m range. Been tempted to just buy a gbb sa80 just for the memories.

All down to health and safety these days mate :(

I loved camping in the rain and going on stag for 2 hours in the dark, great memories :) eating out of your mess tons, getting wet and filthy, the horror boxes (packed lunch for on the way home) are still the same

It occurs to me that this thread could turn into a cool game, where people post pictures of an unusual airsoft item and people try to work out what it's for. Or alternatively try to come up with the most far fetched explanation of what it's for :)

Its a tooth pick for......

Janet Street Porter

Or

Esther Ranson

:) :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

No, no... that there are two of them is what gives the game away - they are for squeezing BB's out of your face, zit stylee.

• Supporters

No, like this:

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.