Airsoft Martini-Henry

DEF

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Having watched "Zulu" for the umpty-umpth time, it occurs to me yet again that There MUST be an airsoft Martini-Henry somewhere out there. I was invited to an Africa-themed fancy dress party some years ago, got carried away and ended up building a very accurate (i.e. expensive) Zulu Wars uniform. This was before my airsoft days so it now occurs to me what an awesome loadout it would make, if I could only find the appropriate weapons - a Webley Mk IV revolver, and a Martini-Henry breech-loading lever action rifle.

Any ideas?

edited to say: my costume was based on Lt Chard (Stanley Baker) rather than Lt Bromhead (Michael Caine) because I hate going for the obvious...

post-8826-0-08808600-1412191329_thumb.jpg

post-8826-0-35434200-1412191345_thumb.jpg

Not quite a Martini Henry, but if you look up KTW, they make a lot of classic airsoft rifles, among them a Winchester M1873 Randall, which would sort of look the part and does fit the period as well. Marushin make a replica Enfield No2 revolver, which again isn't the correct pistol, but it does sort of look the part, even though it doesn't break from the top to load like a Webley would. It is possible to buy a genuine Martini Henry for not a lot of money, and you might be able to get a gunsmith to 'airsoft it up' for you, in much the same way as some companies such as Trapper used to convert SVD Dragunovs and AKs into air rifles, although I would think such a conversion to an airsoft probably would not be cheap, nor necessarily easy to do either, but nothing along those lines is really that impossible providing you have the money.

• Supporters

I brought up this very gun in the thread we used to have: Guns That Need To Be Made (or something) which seams to be AWOL these days. IIRC nobody could google one up, but yeah, CO2 powered, shell ejecting and everything, it would be such a cool thing...

I've seen a couple of lever action Winchesters that look completely wrong, but wonder if they (i.e. the mechanism) could be converted. You'd have to create all the wood furniture from scratch, so it could be an interesting winter project!

That's the Winchester I was looking at, although I hadn't seen the gas version. Overall it's a bit short, so the barrel would need to be extended too, as would the wood. Interesting... ;-)

• Supporters

TBH I think you'd need to build the whole thing from scratch utilising just the internals - even the lever is the wrong shape. It would be a legendary project though and if it worked reliably, it'd be worth plenty.

• 6 years later...
  • Supporters
1 hour ago, Newton Knight1997 said:

That’d be awesome,I’ve actually been wanting to do a boer Kommando load put for a few years now, and a Martini Henry would be perfect for the first boer war. It’d also be nice if a company like G&G produced a shell ejecting replica of the Mauser 1995 bolt action rifle,but it’s probably just a pipe dream.

And the prize for oldest necro post of the day goes to....

Leonardo Dicaprio GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Newton Knight1997 said:

That’d be awesome,I’ve actually been wanting to do a boer Kommando load put for a few years now, and a Martini Henry would be perfect for the first boer war. It’d also be nice if a company like G&G produced a shell ejecting replica of the Mauser 1995 bolt action rifle,but it’s probably just a pipe dream.

Oh dear think in light of your noobie keen but monumentally misguided necro post mite be an idea to delete your profile as it is so new pretend it never happened and just comeback with a whole new one and a clean slate to start again bud ?  Just a suggestion .😉

🤣🤣🤣

14 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Oh dear think in light of your noobie keen but monumentally misguided necro post mite be an idea to delete your profile as it is so new pretend it never happened and just comeback with a whole new one and a clean slate to start again bud ?  Just a suggestion .😉

🤣🤣🤣

The other point of view that complains about new members is that the new member starts up a new thread instead of searching the forum and finding a relevant thread 

So if Newton Knight posted up that they wished their was an airsoft Martini Henry then either they get slated for not searching for the previous thread or the same discussion is repeated from 7 years ago

By ‘necro posting’ the information from 7 years ago is tied into the topic

Isn’t this the purpose of a ‘forum’ as opposed to trying to discuss topics on Facebook ?

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Tommikka said:

The other point of view that complains about new members is that the new member starts up a new thread instead of searching the forum and finding a relevant thread 

So if Newton Knight posted up that they wished their was an airsoft Martini Henry then either they get slated for not searching for the previous thread or the same discussion is repeated from 7 years ago

By ‘necro posting’ the information from 7 years ago is tied into the topic

Isn’t this the purpose of a ‘forum’ as opposed to trying to discuss topics on Facebook ?

I think someone got out of bed on the wrong side , I wasn’t having a go at him I was simply ribbing him a ‘wee’ bit , nothing nasty intended to the chap as I’m sure he at least would have picked up on ?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.