E&L 104 PMC-A vs. LCT 104NV. Fight!

Gargamel

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I will buy one or the other. Which one??

Facts:

- both are the same 104 model AK47. Lct looks like it has the same setup as E&L 104 PMC-B but it is not in stock. The difference compared to PMC-A is only extra rail.

- both have extendable stock

- E&L has 430 fps, Ltc 415

- E&L has midcap 150 rounds, Lct hicap 600 rounds

- E&L is 30 eur cheaper

I want as close to original model as possible, i will use it in fights so reliability is a must. Accuracy, spare parts... Take everything in account and tell me which one to buy? Which one is better and why? Which one feels and looks like a real gun?

E&L is based on LCT's assembly style,the exception is the E&L's AKS74U which changed LCt's original design a bit. Anyway,I'm starting to ramble,so here's my opinion on the two guns:

I find E&L's internals better than LCT. LCT are the OEM VFC's amazingly shitty pistons and often shove them in their own guns. These are very prone to wear and are known to be weak and unreliable. They did start coming with sintered steel racks but the racks were often low quality. LCT have recently began to supply guns with newer pistons however I cannot confirm they are in the LCT 104,I only know for a fact that the new LCT gearboxes are in the VAL and VSS.

E&L's piston is nice and simple Nylon construction and shown to be very reliable. Has nice reinforced lower rails and has an overall good strength.

LCT's piston heads are decently made and seal rather well,same goes for E&L so you can expect both guns to be consistent. Both internals have good air seal parts quality. E&L seems to come with an element 'silent' head which does like to leak from poor casting(This is china now) but overall still seal well. LCT's motor is weak,standard ferrous magnets and poor armature. E&L uses a CYMA motor which is an 16TPA neo magnet high torque. E&L uses XYT gears which are very strong sets. LCT's gears are not as strong but QC on them is better,but E&L still wins in this regard

The big thing is the hop up unit. LCTs have unimpressed me in this regard. Mediocre range and poor accuracy,worse than in a lot of good Chinese brands like CYMA and JG. E&l meanwhile use a Prowin clone hop up and a CYMA split nub rubber for great performance.

So in short,out of the box,E&L will be more accurate and more reliable than LCT.

LCTs are made very well externally. E&L being based on the same design means they share a common gremlin of the outer barrel grub screws liking to come out so you may want to seal them up with loctite. I personally prefer the metalwork on LCT,the finis they have is very pretty. Cast parts are often machine finished and not as rough looking as E&L- The slightly blueish oxidization looks great,despite being not 100% accurate to the real thing. Sadly,LCT's pistol grips feel on the cheap side and the welded mock bolts can often break. E&L have cast ones which are stronger. E&l looks rougher- slathered in oil to protect from rust,dings in the metalwork and more roughly casted metal parts.

So,along with saving 30 euro you get better internals,better OOTB performance,external issues fixed,better plastic furniture but have slightly different aesthetics.

I was 100%,that i will buy E&L, but then i saw a lot of complaints about the way it looks, grease, dings, even holes in handle, smaller battery room, something about overheating, not as good internals as Lct, etc. So that pulled me towards Lct, but then again in find posts like yours, which are pro E&L and i don't know again what to do :)

This review is very good. Made by a very reputable tech-So it's a fairly good source:

He's a little more critical than I at internals but check out the comments in that vid too for better clarifications. I was personally not too impressed by LCT internals,gearbox I'd rate as Average while hop up I;d rate as mediocre,or very poor for a premium gun. WHile E&L has an above average gearbox and a good hop up unit for a 'premium' price gun

So E&L is a way to go. I hope company is here to stay. I like the look of Lct 104nv more then E&L 104 Pcm A, because of extra rail system. Pcm B, which has the same rail system as Lct is out of stock :(

What kind of sling can i use for E&L? I can see some kind of button on the stock, but i don't know what kind of sling i can get.

And which magazines can i use for it? It looks like original E&L is not for sale.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.