ASG CZ Scorpion EVO 3 A1

ak2m4

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have one of these. I won mine in a comp in airsoft action magazine. Out of interest I have been checking stores for their sales, but they all seemed out of stock till just recently, so I wondered if it had a recent release date. I couldn't get mags until last week either.

It's a cracking bit of kit, too. Out the box, it was tearing holes in corrugated cardboard at 20 yards. I just downspringed it, which took literally 2 minutes. You could use it in a woodland game, switch the spring and go cqb within minutes.

A Czech player at my regular site, has had one for about a month or so and it really is an aesthetically pleasing gun, shoots reasonably well too considering its smaller than some MP5's. Only problem is mags are a pain in the arse to find in stock and they're a little overpriced IMO.

I love mine to bits and although ASG initially had issues meeting demand they have been fantastic on customer service with me today and are well and truly on my Chrimbo card list, the Evo is so precise it is like shooting ducks! :-)

Definitely out, a lot of people have them, though those who pre-ordered from land warrior are probably still waiting :D

Land Warrior Airsoft didn't get as many guns as they asked for which is why the delay, they have been really helpful with me today though. This gun was def worth the wait! :D

There were 6 of these at the game I was at Sunday, out of 28 players lol, hardly unique, also, one had feed problems which turned out that 2 of his mags had no springs in them, another kept blocking and refusing to feed and the third just died mid game with a completely locked gearbox, needless to say ASG won't be seeing my money after that amount of issues on a new rifle with so much hype etc

• Supporters

Umarex are NOT a manufacturer, neither are ASG on any of their other products.

Both companies just rebrand stuff and TBH, I would be more than comfortable taking almost any of either companies guns out to play with. Almost all horror stories you see with airsoft guns are caused by users simply not knowing what they are doing or just abusing the kit outright.

Edit: forgot to add some stuff:

Having been inside the scorpions I would NOT buy one. Nor would I be overly happy if someone bought one for me or I won it. Out of the box they are shimmed WAYYYY too tight and have no grease inside the 'box. Not to mention having seen a couple of gear failures.

I mean, come on ASG. You could at least fit the Ultimate gearsets, rather than making some cheap cast powder shite.

The Scorpion Evo is made in part by AirsoftSystems in Bulgaria(apparently,can't personally say-It does use an ASCU and an AS hop up or one based on that so I;d assume they have their mitts in it) and assembled in Denmark by ASG. I'd assume they have a Chinese or Taiwanese OEM for the gearbox.

Local shop get them in. I was very impressed with external quality. I did notice one thing though- Shimming was pretty bad on a lot of models. Very screechy and some guys on ASM who got their hands on them reported very loose shimming and some nasty premature gear wear. Overall accuracy wise it was fairly decent,but nothing spectacular. It's made in Europe but you would not know by shooting it and looking at the guts of it to be honest- shoots just like most wombat machines.top techs and old Maruis,but screechier.

Always expect early batch lemons. Happens with even the best like Marui-The improperly cast SCAR L receivers/top rails,Explodetastic MP7 nozzles,Explodetastic XDM and 5-7,etc...

On a side note: I'm from Hungary. There is nothing like that over there. Their site says Bulgaria. Near enough. :)

I think that's where I got it from XD. I was like ''AirsoftSystems. Where are they from again? All their shit say 'made in EU'. A guy on here's from Hungary- probably there''

Anyway,cheers,will correct

• 1 month later...

I have to confess that, having read the comments by spatch, tacmaster and rockclimbydave, I was a little disheartened. They were dissing my prize, my trophy. I thought "maybe they are just bitter and discouraged by airsoft's cruel hand"

Until yesterday.

I finally managed to take my scorpion to a skirmish.It performed brilliantly.

For about an hour! Damned thing just stopped. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Maybe it's just a dodgy battery.

Nope battery's fine. I don't know what it is yet, I am hoping to get it in for repair later this week. What I do know is that, had I paid 360 sheets for it instead if winning it, I would be VERY disgruntled right now.

So, my sincere apologies to the above named gentlemen. I shall hang on your every word from now on. To prospective scorpion users, please be careful.......

could be a blockage

Not tried that one, but I don't get the beep when I connect the battery, would a blockage cause that?

Not tried that one, but I don't get the beep when I connect the battery, would a blockage cause that?

from the gun? that's quite a nice feature if it is, and that will mean that probably something electrical has gone if an electrical beep sounds normally. If when you charge then your battery is dead, but on the previous post you said it wasn't your battery so it is probably the first one

what battery are you using out of interest?

The Evo 3 has lots of self protection features so it shouldn't self destruct on low battery or with a blockage.

If you not getting a beep when you connect the battery either the battery is not happy or the electrics have a defect possibly stopping use of the gun.

Not teaching you to suck eggs here but you have hit the bolt release after changing mags? and the safety lever is properly in place on semi/3 round burst/full auto? It is a sensitive switch and only being slightly out of position will stop it firing

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.