First outing in a sniper role

ronin677

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well yesterday I packed my newly constructed ghillie suit and my A&K SVD and headed out for my first skirmish in the sniper role. Usually I play with a GR16 in a standard infantry role.

Wooooo :) what a blast

I spent most of my time in the traditional role of concealment and waiting (a little stalking also). At the end of the day I had 13 good quality kills and only got hit 5 times :)

My SVD is still fairly stock, with just the hop up upgraded but all I can say is wow. This rifle is amazing. I was getting good shots at 70 to 80m and with an chrono of approx 450 :)

I think I've found my new role

• Supporters

Reading stuff like this really makes me want to try it, but I feel like picking a rifle up capable of it is just too much of a gamble.

I've owned two snipers, and both have been beyond awful lol.

• Supporters

Nice one, a good home made ghillie is on the cards for me, have a nice Bar10 with a good setup. Problem currently is no money for either skirmishing or the materials so its on the back burner.

Keep it up!

Love the sniper concept, but there's a reason my loadout is US cavalry:

Frontal assault on full auto, hitting only a few of my own side as I charge through the undergrowth before going down in a blaze of glory.

:-)

• Supporters

Yeah, A&K SVD's are pretty good OOTB - the benefits you get from upgrades beyond the hop unit and barrel are pretty small, except perhaps for putting a good slap of teflon grease on the piston head O-ring, which increases consistency between shots.

I will be upgrading the piston soon and also attempting my own 'r' hop.

So impressed with this I am tempted now to go for a russian loadout

I will be upgrading the piston soon and also attempting my own 'r' hop.

So impressed with this I am tempted now to go for a russian loadout

It's pretty easy to do a Russian sniper loaout- a KLMK suit and a Lifchik chest rig or Kamysh assault vest work for it.

It's pretty easy to do a Russian sniper loaout- a KLMK suit and a Lifchik chest rig or Kamysh assault vest work for it.

Soviet army stuff have been pretty dodgy lately after the Russians nicked Crima with orders not processing and shipping-SO I'd avoid them,but I don;t have 100% confirmation of this.

• Supporters

There's no point using a lifchik with an SVD unless you're carrying an AK of some description as backup.

It's easy enough to find Soviet era 4 x SVD mag pouches on fleabay and modern SPOSN / Splav pouches are not impossible to find but, if you have a particular style in mind, you may have to be prepared to be patient, because they don't seem to stay in stock anywhere for long.

KZS suits and KLMK onesies (both in berezhka {spelled in a few different ways when translated from Cyrillic} or "birch" camouflage and pretty much the same thing except the former is separate elasticated pants and top) are available for as little as £30, but it depends on what size - size 3 (for height 180cm) are not so easy to come by compared to other sizes, but size 2 KZS's are all over the place.

There are different vintages, slightly different fabrics, and different colours. For proper coolsies, what you want is the 90's era silver leaf KLMK - it just looks tdb.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.