New to Airsoft from Doncaster

sutty7100

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, completely new to airsoft and have been looking at sites to join as a regular haunt and to fulfil the UKARA obligation. I'm looking at either Skirmish airsoft Mansfield, Fear masters airsoft or Lincolnshire airsoft club can anyone either recommend one site or another, or give me any reasons not to go to a certain site I'd be most grateful.

• Supporters

Of the 3 sites you mention I've only been to Skirmish, and it's been my regular site since I started playing 4 years ago, really great site. One of the best outdoor sites in the country by my reckoning and the staff and facilities are probably the best I've encountered in my time playing too.

Closer to home, there's Skirmish's other site - Skirmish Airsoft CQB, which is in Rotherham. Though they don't do hire kit unfortunately, it's a pretty hardcore site and I think they worry people might slip or run into something and accidentally break hire guns.

There's also Tac House: Spartan in Chesterfield, again it's an indoor CQB site, they do offer a hire package though, and the site's awesome. One of the best CQB sites I've played. Run by a very experienced bunch of staff who used to run The Stan in Sheffield 2 or 3 years ago, which as it happens is actually being redeveloped by Skirmish, hopefully it'll be open before too long. Probably be early 2015 at the rate they're going at the moment, they've had a lot of set backs. The Stan will be well worth keeping an eye on though, because that probably is the best CQB site I've ever played.

Much closer to home, there's Bawtry Paintball Fields, who on (I think) a fortnightly basis, run airsoft games under BritTac Airsoft. Bawtry is a pretty awesome site and BritTac are very well known, practised airsoft game organisers, they regularly run MilSim events at MoD training facilities, up and down the country.

They're the best 4 sites in the immediate vicinity, but there are some others, Black Dagger in Dronfield and Black Hills in Chesterfield off the top of my head, sure there are more but it's too early for all this thinking lol.

Welcome to the forum, Where in Donny are you? I'm in Bentley.

As ed says, Brit Tac do indeed do a fortnightly game at the Painball fields. Its my regular (well......only! So far.......) site. Friendly bunch and very well organised.

Great set of fellas on here too. If you need to know anything, someone here will be able to answer your questions.

Welcome to Airsoft too, you will NOT regret it. Addictive is the word..........

BTW if you're very new, use Ian's guide to noobism on here, in the "newbie" section I think. (I'm not good with linking stuff) it is invaluable to a new player.

Yep there's a load of good guides around on here. I'd strongly recommend giving em a read, it's very valuable information I wish I had when I started! I ended up buying a pretty bad gun and gear at first which I regret now.

Skirmish Mansfield is good as Ed said.

Interestingly there are two organisers who operate at Bawtry Paintball fields - BritTac and also Yorkshire Tactical Airsoft as well (YTA also have a shop in Rotherham).

I know Skirmish and Yorkshire Tactical Airsoft can provide UKARA evidence, and I suspect BritTac will do it as well.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.