Attaching a new RIS to an amoeba.

SimonQuigley

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So on my amoeba when the front handguard is removed, something like this is underneath, i can't get a proper photo at the moment as i dont know where my allen keys are

http://img3.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/MB-NBNUT-L.jpg

And i cant seem to be able to twist it off. Is this standard and will it be on the standard threads for an M4? If not it could be a problem as i wont be able to add a DD ris *cries loudly*

Edited by SimonQuigley

I'm sorry to say you probably can't, since they're designed for ARs. I don't know if the Ares are close enough replicas.

The Daniel Defense Omega RIS attaches to a delta ring, and the Lite rail is attached by a barrel nut as well as bolt things on the outside.

You could potentially modify them to fit if you were confident about it. Would be a cool project. You can usually find cheaper replicas that aren't Madbull so not as expensive.

Whay you linked is just a barrel nut. You may need an Armourers wrench to get it off. Not sure if the threads on ares are imperial or metric but that will determine what brand rail will fit.

Got it off, i must have been feeling especially delicate on the day of my first attempt as this time, it didn't take much force. So its threaded, but as Mack said, i am unsure whether they are imperial or metric. Hopefully someone here will be able to tell

R2esMQu.jpg

oqUdcDa.jpg

You'll need to measure it for us to know. I think you have to measure the distance between each peak of thread? Not sure.

I know there are dedicated tools for it though

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.