JG g36c upgrade ideas

Jacob(smooth)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Wotcha all.

So I got myself the above gun. Very pretty it is as well.

Now naturally now I have a proper aeg I want to start tweaking it. But have never had the guts out of an AEG before (although I did successfully take apart the trigger box on an mp01 and change the piston and trigger sears). So I don't really know where to start. I don't want to do a whole bunch of stuff all at once.

Could I pop a stronger spring in there without damaging everything else in there? Or would I need to replace the piston at the same time? I don't know whats in there but I'm assuming a 110 would be more than stock. Something like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M110-AIRSOFT-SPRING-LONEX-FAST-UK-DELIVERY-HIGH-QUALITY-STEEL-ASG-NONLINEAR-/261453333475?pt=UK_SportingGoods_OtherSports&hash=item3cdfd543e3

And perhaps one of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TURNIGY-NANO-TEC-2200mAH-2s-7-4-35-70c-LIPO-BATT-LIPO-BATTERY-/141358305737?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item20e99c91c9

If I spliced the connectors?

Or would I need to do other stuff to make it swallow that?

Also as an aside, the box says G608, is that significant?

As a PS btw, I still think Lpegs rule. ;)

I don't think you'll need a new spring. I wouldn't really recommend starting to upgrade your gun straight away either, unless you are confident you know what you're doing. Then again you probably shouldn't listen to that advice because I really need to maintain my guns more.

My dads Umarex (S&T) G36 shoots ~ 320 I think. The velocity it says on the box could be because it was done with 0.12s rather than .20s. Cybergun do that all the time.

When on about springs, the number refers to the velocity it should give you in metres per second. 110 m/s = 360 (too powerful) Can depend on your air seal and other parts though (for example a tightbore barrel will increase velocity)

Battery linked is using a JST connector. Your G36 should have a mini Tamiya plug instead? If you were prepared to re-wire it Deans connectors are your best option (much less resistance)

Other than that the capacity, voltage and brand and everything of the battery is good. LiPos are great, much better than NiMh!

If I waited until I knew what I was doing before I did something I'd never do anything ;):D

Maybe just take it apart and lube it...

yeah tbh if it ain't broke don't fix it. Really annoying if you put it back together and find you've lost the anti-reversal latch spring. . . .

JG's I've bought (M4s rather than G36s admittedly) usually come in around 360-370 fps which is a bit too hot for most sites, 390 almost def would be so best to get it chrono'd.

it's already lubed.

what do you want to do with the 'upgrade', what is it that you aim to achieve? more range, faster trigger response, more consistent shooting? Just chucking parts at a perfectly functioning gun is an easy way to f*ck it up.

Lol. Um.... What I really want to do with the upgrade is play around inside it. I enjoy that almost as much as playing! The upgrading is the point, not the upgraded gun at the end.

But you're probably right. Harumph

Maybe the outside... http://killbuckets.com/steam_soft0102.jpg

• Supporters

If it has the blue hopup rubber, change that to something better. Clean the barrel, the hopup and the gearbox. Re-lube it with proper grease, re-shim it. If the spring that pushes the hopup to the GB is too stiff, cut it a bit shorter. Out if box it will shoot between 360-390 so you'll need a bit weaker spring too.

If you want to learn something, try to shim it until it makes no gear noise when shooting. :)

If it has the blue hopup rubber, change that to something better. Clean the barrel, the hopup and the gearbox. Re-lube it with proper grease, re-shim it. If the spring that pushes the hopup to the GB is too stiff, cut it a bit shorter. Out if box it will shoot between 360-390 so you'll need a bit weaker spring too.

If you want to learn something, try to shim it until it makes no gear noise when shooting. :)

That sounds like fun :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.