G&G's version of the VSS Vintorez

Hav0c

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay lads, so I've just seen a video showcasing new products for September 2014 and the VSS by G&G was involved.

Looks like a sturdy gun but was said to be heavier than the King Arms. Also, was made of full metal with real wood stock and polymer handguard (as you'd expect from an up market G&G).

However, compared to LCT & King Arms versions, it has a proprietary battery (yawnnnn).

Finally, with a price tag of around $440, which equates to around £271 (we all know it'll be sold here for more a chunk more than that) you probably won't see many of these at your local site.

post-6853-0-59582300-1411772197_thumb.jpg

The wood stock looks very nice IMO...

post-6853-0-39397600-1411772220_thumb.jpg

Looks good, but the motor is in the stock and as far as I can see, it's unchangeable, which is a shame. It has a built in MOSFET which, if its anything like before, then it'll likely be crap. It's also annoying that the battery is propriety and if it could be changed to accept normal NiMHs and lipos then I'd really consider this as a future investment. I just hope it lives up to g&gs quality standards and still be around if I go to buy it. I bet it'd make an interesting compact DMR for use in the field and if you need something versatile doing recon or something similar. (Is it real wood? Because it looks a little plastic to me, but it might just by the pic quality.)

Yeah the motor is solid in the stock/pistol grip and to change it you need to replace the stock etc cause you can't get it out to upgrade.

Also, if it's a g&g only batter there will likely be an adapter soon after, like the first recoil 416 connectors.

Yes it is also real wood and the handgrip it polymer.

After looking at videos of the VSS (thankyou for making me want to add another gun to my collection), I think I'm preferring the likes of the king arms VSS. It looks alot like the G&g one, but much easier to upgrade and mess about with. I haven't seen an LCT VSS, only an AS VAL. Are they actually doing a vss?

Is the motor really stuck solid in there? Jeez,that's a really dumb move. Must make bevel-pinion shimming an absolute nightmare,maybe that's why the gun sounded really screechy in promo vids. Proprietary battery is also not great but nothing that can't be fixed with some soldering,a little bit of wire and a pack of deans connectors.

Dimensions overall look decent- Front handguard seems a little off,but otherwise it looks nice enough. You guys also forgot that the barrel is off center because they Didn't make an offset nozzle or hop up-This was to preserve the realistic top cover height. Personally I think they should have gone NPO AEG's route and just make the receiver larger to fit the GB deeper.

• Supporters

As I understand it, G&G have used this as the sort of "tester" platform for all this new AEG innovation style shit.

When I was reading about it a while ago, it had a handful of unique features which sound great on paper, but when thrown into the middle of a market full of people used to working their way around the old, trusted stuff, it's probably more bad than good.

The motor is built to be a sort of QD system, from my reading it seems like G&G want to eventually end up with very modular guns where you can just add and remove bits without there needing to be a huge, complex disassembly process. So expect them to be releasing the motors compatible with this system, so you can just remove the stock, slide the motor out, slide the new one in and voila, done. The beauty of it is that there's no wires. Everything just clips together, even the battery.

The downside is that no wires = more connectors, which ultimately means a less efficient use of power; not to mention the fact that standard motors can't be used. Batteries can probably be used with an adaptor, but that's just adding even more connectors lol, and the part compatibility issue is a pretty major one, which for the majority of serious players will pretty much sound the death knell for it.

It's got a snazzy electronic control unit in the gearbox too, I don't know if it's programmable, but I think it's more than just a mosfet. Oh and a quick change spring.

If AEGs had never existed before, there wasn't an enormous wealth of parts available for them, and people didn't know how to work on them and make them better, then this would be one of the most amazing new guns on the market.
But as it stands, G&G seem to be trying to reinvent the AEG, which just isn't going to happen by restricting part compatibility, but at the same time, nothing's ever going to change if you don't try to challenge the current model, so we'll just have to see how it goes.

That's what I love about the g&g model; it's qd-ness and the easy quick change system. If there was a way to pull the motor out the stock and change it as well, then I'd seriously consider it. But a Ed says, G&G trying to be smart arse and innovative is just going to end up back firing and they aren't going to get any sales

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.