painting

n1ckh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know its illegal to paint a 2 tone without a good defence or ukara

I purchased a RIF glock over the weekend at a boot sale, the bloke didn't ask for anything when I paid for it, it went straight in my coat pocket and never came out until I was home

However, what about the other way round ??

Can I spray the slide blue or green so its legal until I get my ukara ??

Ok, I'm just worried that I can't use it on sunday at my 1st skirmish

• Supporters

You'll be fine.

The Violent Crime Reduction Act (VCRA) has made it an offence to sell a realistic imitation firearm to anybody unless they have a valid defence

You do not need a valid defence to own a RIF or to use it at a site.

UKARA only offers a measurable and demonstrable defence in respect to buying RIFs and nothing else.

Thanks guys :) I intend to have fun, it'll be great to see how people do things and use my training to full effect

I see plenty of smoke and flash bangs being used :)

I know its illegal to paint a 2 tone without a good defence or ukara

I purchased a RIF glock over the weekend at a boot sale, the bloke didn't ask for anything when I paid for it, it went straight in my coat pocket and never came out until I was home

However, what about the other way round ??

Can I spray the slide blue or green so its legal until I get my ukara ??

What a car boot do you go to!? All I've ever found is nerf stuff at mine :(

Edit-Damn spell check.

I was visiting family over the weekend mate down south where my sister had a stall, I was just looking around and I couldn't miss the oppurtinity of adding it to my collection

You should always keep in mind that the VCR Act is named that for a reason; it is intended to aid in the reduction of violent crime. The CPS and the Police are not concerned with people who use RIFs responsibly within the stated suitable defences of the VCR Act, it's the scumbags who would use a RIF to hold up a sub post office that they are after. Thus by definition, having your RIF at a skirmish is a legit reason for having it.

Don't confuse UKARA with the law, UKARA is a system set up by a bunch of airsoft retailers, and was principally designed to aid those retailers in determining if a mail order purchaser is legit, and to have a database of legit importers of RIFs. UKARA is not mentioned anywhere in the VCR Act, since it isn't part of the law, merely a system designed to assist retailers in staying within the law.

Thanks guys for your replys

I thought you were going to p*ss on my bonfire for a minute there chock :)

All and any airsoft products I buy for me and my boys are solely for airsoft use only, that includes target practice and weapons training for my boys inside our home as I don't have a garden

Before I invest sums of money in any hobby/interest, I always do research in that field so I'm clued up on things so I dont get caught out

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.