Customs and airsoft magazines?

Mentalmason

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys. So newb question but i've never ordered from abroad so here goes.

I'm looking to order one of those new PTS EPM mags and on RWA they sell them in OD green which is great for my AK5C.

My question is will customs check this even if it's just a fake magazine?

A quick answer is appreciated as I'm having to sit on my hands to stop me ordering one right now!

~M

My gas mags got pulled by customs. The package was opened and one of the magazine boxes got cut open down the tape. It also happened to be empty of gas, I had to have a little chuckle to myself that somewhere down the line a naive customs officer got a face full of green gas when he hit the valve release. :lol:

They eventually came out, no issues. I suspect they may have been pulled due to being full of liquid.

• Supporters

I've had a package containing 6 steel L1A1 mags sent from HK with no problems. Nonetheless, where possible, I include "UKARA# SKI00xxx" in my address if there is a box for Company and my mobile number as a line in street address if they do not ask for it specifically. Just because imo Customs & Excise is a job which by definition attracts jobsworths; the kind of people who would be only too glad to delay my package while they discover chapter and verse on the law.

I ordered 8 x WE M4 gas mags from Evike, got through no dramas, just the import duty to pay! ouch!!

• Supporters

I ordered 8 x WE M4 gas mags from Evike, got through no dramas, just the import duty to pay! ouch!!

Wont do that again in a hurry, eh?

Wont do that again in a hurry, eh?

Nope!! lol

I remember ordering lipos from abroad and took 3 weeks to arrive and was opened by customs but when I ordered a small engine, exhaust, manifold etc for my rc boat, it took 2 months and had been opened

All it said on both packages was 'rc supplies'

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.