HELP please

JaMesD

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

looks like when its being fitting back in the rifle it was either put in wrong or there was something inside catching. it looks like its been forced in by someone pushing and twisting side to side. did you buy it like this or did you do this??

you must have been pulling on it quite hard to get it out then to make that damage, have a look inside before you put it back in to see it doesnt catch on anything and make sure you are putting it in properly

• Supporters

that'll be the bolt that holds your trigger assembly on to the bolt housing causing that. As stated earlier, snaking the bolt side to side whilst removing it is causing the zig-zag look.

just file the top of the screw down slightly and make sure that there aren't any burrs on the piston (file/sand any off gently) and reinsert everything. It should drop in with little to no resistance.

• Supporters

I had the same issue but at the top of the cylinder, turns out it was because the screws holding the scope mount were too long and therefore rubbed on the cylinder. I built up the underside of the scope mount with electrical tape. Looks like exactly what RCD said, before I put mine back in I made sure it was nice and smooth inside.

I have checked all the screws and none of them stick out so i don't know what to do, but i did measure the old cylinder compared to my new one and the new one is slightly larger, maby that could have something to do with it?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.