glock or m9?

Fatknees

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I need help guys/girls,I can't decide to get a kjw m9 or kjw glock 23 from Taiwan gun,I already own a tm 1911 and want to try something new,all feedback positive or negative will help in my final decision

Cheers

Depends on your preferences. Have a go with a Glock and an M9, and whatever feels best to you is the right weapon for you. I wouldn't buy KJW though, WE Gen 3 & 4 Glocks are some of the best along with TM, and TM are good for M9s too.

Depends on your preferences. Have a go with a Glock and an M9, and whatever feels best to you is the right weapon for you. I wouldn't buy KJW though, WE Gen 3 & 4

Glocks are some of the best along with TM, and TM are good for M9s too.

I I've heard bad things about We guns??

I've got both the m9 gas pistol and cyma glock 18c aep and I must say that I prefer the glock because of the battery life but I will be doing the lipo conversion

So I would say go with glock because of parts availability

That's the key thing I look at first is the spares etc that's avaliable

I don't know precisely if the real world applies to these two makes of airsoft pistol, but I am going to assume that they sort of mimic them.

M9

Is a double action pistol, which means if you don't rack it then as you pull the trigger the hammer will return and it will then eventually break and fire.

In real life its a pretty heavy trigger, much heavier pull than the glock.

Its a pretty big gun for medium to big hands. Those with small hands don't tend to find this a very comfortable gun to shoot.

Glock 23

Is a small compact pistol for everyday carry, its more for police force than military use.

Its quite light as a result of the polymer construction.

In the real world its main advantage is it requires very little grease to function properly, which helps it work well in dirty conditions and wet.

Glock trigger pulls are quite light (less than half that of the M9 5.5 v 12 pounds), there is a nice click on reset with feeling and noise for finding the reset point.

It is single action, gun must be racked before it can be fired.

These are chalk and cheese pistols in real life, one is a heavy pull military issue gun requiring lots of grease on a pretty classical design whereas the glock is a hammerless single action pistol with a light pull, its used by a lot of competition shooters, not least because the sights can be changed.

I personally like the decock safety of the Sig Sauer's, that has a lot of advantages in airsoft to arm it and then double action fire the first shot. What I dislike about the We F228 however is I can't hear or feel the reset point, making double taps very hard. A lot of the guys I meet seem pretty happy with their glocks, they have some of the lightest pulls out there, nice solid breaks on the trigger in good glock style and quite short pulls because of the single action nature of the guns. The M9 on the other hand I suspect is quite a long and ultimately heavy trigger pull in comparison. The 1911 you have now is probably quite a heavy trigger pull. Really depends what you like.

These pistols are so different (just not competitors at all in the same space) that I would recommend you go and try them in a local shop.

I don't know precisely if the real world applies to these two makes of airsoft pistol, but I am going to assume that they sort of mimic them.

M9

Is a double action pistol, which means if you don't rack it then as you pull the trigger the hammer will return and it will then eventually break and fire.

In real life its a pretty heavy trigger, much heavier pull than the glock.

Its a pretty big gun for medium to big hands. Those with small hands don't tend to find this a very comfortable gun to shoot.

Glock 23

Is a small compact pistol for everyday carry, its more for police force than military use.

Its quite light as a result of the polymer construction.

In the real world its main advantage is it requires very little grease to function properly, which helps it work well in dirty conditions and wet.

Glock trigger pulls are quite light (less than half that of the M9 5.5 v 12 pounds), there is a nice click on reset with feeling and noise for finding the reset point.

It is single action, gun must be racked before it can be fired.

These are chalk and cheese pistols in real life, one is a heavy pull military issue gun requiring lots of grease on a pretty classical design whereas the glock is a hammerless single action pistol with a light pull, its used by a lot of competition shooters, not least because the sights can be changed.

I personally like the decock safety of the Sig Sauer's, that has a lot of advantages in airsoft to arm it and then double action fire the first shot. What I dislike about the We F228 however is I can't hear or feel the reset point, making double taps very hard. A lot of the guys I meet seem pretty happy with their glocks, they have some of the lightest pulls out there, nice solid breaks on the trigger in good glock style and quite short pulls because of the single action nature of the guns. The M9 on the other hand I suspect is quite a long and ultimately heavy trigger pull in comparison. The 1911 you have now is probably quite a heavy trigger pull. Really depends what you like.

These pistols are so different (just not competitors at all in the same space) that I would recommend you go and try them in a local shop.

Looks like I'm getting a Glock then

The glock also has single shot (semi auto) and full auto

I've just ordered the WE Glock 17 from Taiwan Gun, it should be here later this week. I've always really liked the look of the Glock and had to get one. All the reviews I've read say the Gen 4's are really good. On the other hand I have a KWA M9 and love it. I love the look, weight, feel and action of it. At the moment it's probably my favourite pistol. So I guess I'm saying if you have the cash, get both. Otherwise, go for a WE Glock or a KWA M9.

I really don't like the look of the glocks. Its a weird thing really but I feel a gun should be a bit more rounded/angular than they are. But I can't fault the design choices they ultimately make with them, light triggers in my experience are more accurate, the lack of hammer is quite practical and glocks run really well. I had a lot of fun shooting a 17 in the states earlier this year, the recoil was remarkably controllable compared to the M9 (not an airsoft concern really).

The only thing I dislike about the glocks from an airsoft point of view is how to avoid negligent discharges. Because its single action you have two choices for how you carry the gun:

1) You carry it without a BB in the chamber, when you pull the gun you will have to rake the slide before you fire to load the round.

2) You leave the gun racked and trust the trigger safety.

Got a TM M9 and KSC Glock 23. M9 is a physically slightly bigger gun, shoots superbly and is a great looking gun even with the fixed HOP. My 23 is an old plastic slide version, but insane on full auto and easier to stow in a pouch than the M9. If you don't have big hands the Glock will prob suit you better, coupled with full auto capability (in which case buy lots of mags, you'd need them lol). If accuracy is important I'd for TM, though metal slides feel nicer weight tbh. As said by others try both if you can?

I think Glocks look horrible, but having fired, stripped and cleaned both them and M92s in real steel (along with a few other pistols) I'd pick a Glock if I only had to have one pistol. They're flawless in terms of reliability, accuracy, handling and maintenance (which is why so many law enforcement agencies, and now the British Army, are using them).

That said, this is airsoft, which is basically all about having fun and looking cool, so what applies in the real world doesn't have to apply here. It's also why I have an airsoft Glock that I never use, two airsoft Berettas that I never use, and six 1911s variants that I always run on rotation.

As has been mentioned, when choosing an airsoft pistol just get one that you think looks cool (so you'll look cool) and one that feels right in your hand (so you'll have fun with it).

• 2 weeks later...

I used my new glock on Sundays skirmish it was flawless,I even preferred it to my tm 1911 lol

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.