New guy looking for gun info.

AceScottie

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello. I am fairly new to the world of airsoft and im trying to get a list together of all the parts and stuff i want to buy so i can get a good idea on the cost. I already know my local sites and have made plans to go check them out later this year.

I seem to be a little stuck on my primary weapon though. im not too fussed about cost but i would really like something like the L85A2.

The probem is i would want one without the current Iron sighs set up and have a rail there instead for some decent optics.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. Im familiar with the gun as i have used the real thing a few times and the iron sites bugged me then as well.

Thanks in advance for any tips and info :)

Weapon link: http://uk.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AEG_AEP_G_G_G_G_L85A2.htm

rail wise, DD do an L85 rail, check out the madbull ones.

SUSATS are available, I don't know much about them.

IDK much about the gun, however I think it has blow back which people were worried might go wrong, but I'm sure you can disable it. I think it is in competition with ICS, who seem to make a very good l85.

The iron sights are horrible aren't they.

I will let someone who knows what they're talking about do the talking now, probably best :)

SUSATs are like £100 though and they aren't really in use any more. Could use an ACOG or EOTech (552?) instead as a cheaper / more up to date option? Some of em are also a lot of money but are all practically the same quality I think.

I've heard ICS make the best L85A2 by the way.

You would also need an adaptor from dovetail to Picatinny for mounting an optic.

On the real sa80, there's 2 screws that hold the carrying handle to the rifle, undo them and the handle slides off

The SUSAT was great for its time but I found the rubber cup on the sight to be to soft and flimesy plus it contained atomic/nuclear material which gave the night vision capability hence the nuclear symbol on the box it came in

Acogs and the likes are better, I understand your reasons to be authentic but there are better sights avaliable

Tritium was the radioactive material used in the SUSAT. And they done their job really well (back in the day) the standard iron sight was also good, better then the Iron sight on the m4/m16, but for modern day stick a decent red dot tube sight on there and you can't go wrong.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.