Advice please newbie - need a good new AEG

sjpage

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

If anyone could give me a little advice it would be much appreciated

So I have had several airsoft guns mainly cheap AEG's and am now looking at purchasing something a little more reliable , accurate , stronger and powerful

I would like something

1) That is all metal

2) Has a good metal gearbox

3) Is or can be easily taken 400 fps + (I understand that I could not use this for skirmishing)

4) Around £200

I would like prefer either M-15 or MP5 styling

'AR-15 Classic Army Full Metal XM177 M15A1' looks about right to me and if only I could get one for £147 ($240 http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=5816 ) it would be amazing, though here in the UK I guess theirs no chance of that , unless it's second hand and as I don't have a UKARA (due to lack of local events) it would have to be two tones if purchased new :(

anyways any help or advice appreciated

Stef

Get the G&G combat machine, I think its pretty much the same as the one shown but a hella lot cheaper. But with the description, not sure it would be the one you want.

I don't think full metal changes much unless metal internals.

Ok, so for that mark you would have to add a bit more on for a G&P, they are very nice externals and good internals to go with it. Also, I don't own a metal gun but people on here say the novelty wears off. A Combat machine is great though, I have one, very light and very nice (the polymer is better than pot metal it is said which is cheaper metal used for some metal guns). G&G and G&P are full metal GBs.

That gun you posted, is in america. I didn't click on the link but you have to add import, duty and handling fees, which will bring it over the 200 mark. Also a decent bttery and charger (lipo) will cost £40.

Two tone, two tone...

I don't have UKARA (under 18) and I HATE two tone. the law is strange however, and certain boffins on here who know the law back to front - inside out, have told me that as long as you skirmish you have a defence, like UKARA. However, for buying black guns you need ukara, however when you get the gun and skirmish, say you have some pictures of yourself doing so or if your site owner is willing to tell a copper you do play at his site, then you are allowed a black gun. This means you can buy the parts that were two tone in black. I know you say lack of local events but if you can get yourself to skirmish once a month or whatever you are fine

hope that helps :) (please tell me if I got anything wrong)

What you wanna do is head on to the pro website we all use called just bb guns and buy a pro gun. make sure it fires over 400 fps and plastic gearboxes are the way to go they are well known for being the best, and make sure you only use .12 gram bbs with a Chinese battery and slow charger to get the most range. Then you wanna get a 20 mw green laser stick it on the front so your pro and more tactical. But make sure you have a fancy laptop with you so you can call in airstrikes.

It never wears off because it's not just a novelty. Plastic guns are a let down every time you pick them up.

its what I read when someone else posted something similar to the OP. I don't actually own one so I can't comment, but hopefully I will be buying one soon. :)

If you have to go for a plastic airsoft gun, then you could always pick something like a Heckler & Koch G36, which is a bit like a cross between the AR15 and the MP5. The real G36 isn't metal either, except for the bits that have go be, such as the barrel, granted it isn't technically plastic (it's carbon reinforced polymer) but that's more like plastic than metal so an airsoft one would feel pretty much like a real one to handle.

And just to be clear, technically, you don't need a UKARA to buy an Realistic Imitation Firearm (RIF) as far as the law is concerned. UKARA was formed after the Violent Crimes Reduction Act of 2006 (VCR). It was a response to that Act to allow retailers of RIFs to have an easy way of verifying the intent of a RIF purchaser. Thus what you actually need in order to buy an RIF, is a way to prove to a retailer that you have a legitimate reason for buying one. This is so that they can sell you one without fear of prosecution under the VCR Act. In practice, the easiest way to prove this is via the UKARA scheme, since if not actually anything to do with the law, the UKARA list is used by the United Kingdom Borders Agency to track sales and imports, so it does have some gravitas and faux-legal status, thus most airsoft sites regard the formation of the UKARA scheme as a fait accompli in terms of legitimacy and go along with its three skirmishes over two months methodology (although in my experience, many of them are less than in love with that situation). So, you may find a retailer who would take some other form of proof of legitimacy, but they would have to be sure, and since they don't want to be left open to having their collars felt, then that proof would have to be pretty damn good, for example, it you could prove you worked in the special effects department of a movie prop company and that was beyond doubt, or perhaps worked at a military museum and could prove that unreservedly, they'd probably sell you one. But for most, it ends up being UKARA.

I think having metal parts is more in terms of being strong and reliable, rather than the feel and weight of it. My friend recently snapped part of his g&g CM16 stock off (the plastic bit at the end of the receiver which stops the buffer tube freely moving) meaning that it's still probably not as strong as metal, but I'm not sure of the circumstances of how it broke, so maybe a metal gun would have done the same

Thanks for the reply's

I like the look of the G&G combat machine and have looed at

the H&K Umarex G36C & Amoeba (Ares) M4 ARES-AM-008 AEG Carbine

but wasn't sure how well they would perform being polymer

any one have a preference and where I could get the best price on these three guns ?

thanks

Stef

padraigthesniper I've got my green laser stick on order ;)

Don't know about the others but for the G&G combat machine, you can get a starter pack! Check it out:

http://www.colchesterairsoft.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=cm16transspack

The clear is better than standing out with bright green/blue is what I've heard. It might look plasticky but is transparent fibre-reinforced nylon.

It has various metal parts, including the barrel, rear sight, charging handle, trigger, sling hooks and other pieces, and it is also very sturdy to hold and fire - there is absolutely no give or rattle anywhere to be found here. Small enough to be used in CQB, with a six position adjustable crane stock.

(From their website)

Everyone who has had it on here says its a great reliable gun, and it's the one I'm hoping to get!

+1 on the G&G combat machine, I've got it and so far I'm pleased with it, I'm yet to use it on a skirmish (going on the 28th)

As I already have a load of batteries, I've modified mine to carry a large lipo in the front

The charging handle, which does nothing BTW on these ones but does on the more expensive ones does rattle so I'll be modifying it either drop the dust cover to get to the hop up or just to stop it rattling

As there easy to modify, I'll be getting a longer barrel and suppressor for outside stuff then just swap barrels for CQB stuff

I promote the G&G cm16 100%

right. If you hate two tone, buy a two tone gun (all will be explained) and then once you start skirmishing if you can, you have a valid defence to own a black gun, just not UKARA. This means you can own black guns but not buy them. Umarex re-brands stuff, some of the more experienced members may know who originally makes the g36 (probably good to stay away from it though)

If you want a g36, SRC make good budget versions

The ares is new, and ares generally have crap internals, however it could be quite good.

G&G cm16 all the way! great internals for price, mine can out shoot a number of other guns at my site, and people comment everytime they see it, saying how good it shoots. The polymer is very strong from my experience as well. I have the carbine, so I could add a magpul stock and front handguard, and there is plenty of room for a lipo.

right. If you hate two tone, buy a two tone gun (all will be explained) and then once you start skirmishing if you can, you have a valid defence to own a black gun, just not UKARA. This means you can own black guns but not buy them. Umarex re-brands stuff, some of the more experienced members may know who originally makes the g36 (probably good to stay away from it though)

If you want a g36, SRC make good budget versions

The ares is new, and ares generally have crap internals, however it could be quite good.

G&G cm16 all the way! great internals for price, mine can out shoot a number of other guns at my site, and people comment everytime they see it, saying how good it shoots. The polymer is very strong from my experience as well. I have the carbine, so I could add a magpul stock and front handguard, and there is plenty of room for a lipo.

Just wondering, can you change the rails on it so you can add a grip etc?

Just wondering, can you change the rails on it so you can add a grip etc?

on the standard carbine hand guard, yes you can get a rail section for upper and lower.

IMG_0364.jpg

also, the magpul hand guard has rail sections you can get for it.

51L0tAndW3L.jpg

Finally magpul do a grip called the MVG that attaches directly to the moe handguard:

mvgmounted.jpg

:)

so you all had almost convinced me and I was just about to put the order online for a G&G combat machine through http://www.colchesterairsoft.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=cm16transspack and though I'd better ring them first and I was told this version has aplastic gearbox :(

though how come this one

http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/egc-16p-car-bnb-ncm-gg-combat-cm16-carbine-aeg-sports-line-rifle.html#.VB17651waUk

says it has a metal gearbox though ?

is it a big job to upgrade the spring ?

does anyone know where else I may get this version with the metal gearbox as the I'm struggling to find this version with a metal gearbox in the UK ( the shop for the link above says out of stock) ?

thx

Stef

You can try airsoftzone.co.uk or geniestuff.co.uk

You won't be able to skirmish with it that high I dont think.

if hes doing a DMR build he will

so you all had almost convinced me and I was just about to put the order online for a G&G combat machine through http://www.colchesterairsoft.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=cm16transspack and though I'd better ring them first and I was told this version has aplastic gearbox :(

though how come this one

http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/egc-16p-car-bnb-ncm-gg-combat-cm16-carbine-aeg-sports-line-rifle.html#.VB17651waUk

says it has a metal gearbox though ?

is it a big job to upgrade the spring ?

does anyone know where else I may get this version with the metal gearbox as the I'm struggling to find this version with a metal gearbox in the UK ( the shop for the link above says out of stock) ?

thx

Stef

I can tell you now it isn't a plastic gearbox. They don't know what they are talking about. G&G guns have all metal gearboxes, all of them. If you want to spend a little more money but a sperate face mask, and battery and charger.

So he wants a fully automatic 400fps+ Rif & has no intentions to skirmish with it..seems a bit fishy

not really imo. Everyone wants an RIF, who wants to be stuck with two tone. And whats 400 fps going to do, good luck killing someone with it. Maybe he doesn't know fps doesn't = range. He may want to turn it into a DMR, who knows. I reckon he didn't know fps doesn't equate to range.

I may be wrong, its just my thoughts

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.