Has anybody ever changed the shape/ formation of a battery?

LeoGaunt

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was wondering if anybody has cut open the plastic cover off a nimh battery and rearranged the individual cells to fit there gun? interested in doing this for my AUG as normal 9.6v mini batteries dont fit

Thanks

Leo

• Supporters

If you don't have experience soldering battery cells you probably shouldn't try it on a good battery.

It is not that hard to do, but you shouldn't heat the cells too much, but it takes quite a lot of heat to get the solder on the cell properly. It needs a little practice and a good soldering iron.

Buy a 7.4 lipo that fits, if you can.

Some radio control shops will make up battery packs for you (mine does)

Take your weapon or the part the battery fits into so you can decide between what sized cells and how many are needed, they'll put the correct battery connector on for you aswell

Ring your local rc shops first though to see who can do it

Componentshop in Wales will do custom battery shapes too, and they'll sort connectors out for you. I've seen small LiPos sold there for £7 a piece

+1 for Component shop. I've had custom batteries made for PEQ's etc as I still use old school NiMh's. Very good service, only cost a couple of £ more than equivalent standard batteries. Plus you get a warranty. Did modify and solder a battery pack once, went fine using good flux and solder but its not ideal tbh.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.