airsoft expo this weekend

dazols

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I spent about 45 minutes there, I honestly found the Scimitar IFV that was just randomly parked in the exhibition hall more interesting than anything any of the stalls had to offer...

9 stalls, none of particular note. Incentive Designs were showing off their ridiculously over priced, gimmicky tosh, JD's stall made a mockery of all the others.
For the size of the stall AI mag had, there was 1 guy sat on a chair in the middle of it, doing sweet piss all the whole time I was there.

It was just a waste of time tbh, 2 hour drive and we'd seen everything in less than 5 minutes.

Glad I didn't bother in that case. Would have been an hour or so drive for me. To be honest, it's not that much further to the actual JD shop in Cannock for me - which is very well set up! At least it doesn't cost a tenner to get in :)

• Supporters

Aye, we went to The Grange on the way back and they said they'd had a handful of people come through saying it was a disappointing waste of time lol.

I know now to never book tickets in advance ever again, £12 on the day vs £10 in advance? It's worth paying that £2 extra on the day for the chance to decide against going if it sounds like it's going to be shit.

We only still went so the £10 tickets weren't a complete waste.

It wouldn't have been a waste of time if it had been as advertised. I'm sure the organisers had every intention to make it a huge success - an Expo to me is manufacturers (TM, ICS, AGM), retailers, related industries (optics, fllashlights, Gucci gear!) all under one roof. Showcasing new products etc..

I was kind of hoping for a "Shot Show" style affair but catering to airsoft. If it was that, it would have been worth the admission and then some. I can't help but feel that the retailers pulled out knowing it wasn't going to be that well attended. There are 7000 odd likes on the Facebook page, it would be interesting to see what the door count was. It's nothing to do with an apathetic community - look how many people drive for a day and camp all weekend for a decent weekender - if the value is there, people will go.

I think even the Grange Airsoft Arms Fair had more stands than 9! Plus the related stuff like IPSC, CQB training, car boot etc.. always made it a more worthwhile trip. Shame they decided against it this year :(

After reading all this on Saturday I decided to give it a miss. It would have been over 2hours to get there and just not worth it. Shame really as I wanted to get some bits and thought this would have been a good time to do it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.