airsoft expo this weekend

dazols

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

Not seen a thread about it so just thought I would bring it up so that people dont miss it. Its a two day show and looks to be a good one. For more info look at the website airsoftexpo.co.uk its at Leamington Spa

I will be going to see what other bits I can get.

• Supporters

I'll be down there on the Sunday as well, might wear an AF-UK patch if anyone wants to keep an eye out.

• Supporters

Well 2 companies have pulled out, and Ai are giving away back copies... Getting desperate are we :P

• Supporters

Shame it isn't being attended by more companies really. It would possibly be a way to get a better representation of the sport rather than as a side exhibit of the country sports show or whatever it is that's the other one.

• Supporters

Shame it isn't being attended by more companies really. It would possibly be a way to get a better representation of the sport rather than as a side exhibit of the country sports show or whatever it is that's the other one.

It's tact on to The British Shooting show in February, that's the other one.

Though personally I find it's bloody effing awful when it's mixed in with air guns and real steel, too many weirdos dressing head to toe in tweed, with tiny children who look like their "mini-me"clones. It's horrifying. Also, animatronic dead pigeons... Just no. There was even a wine bar and shoe polish station last time... How up themselves are these people? I felt like I'd stepped through a portal to the mid 1800s or something.

Plus there's this tension in the air of, "We have to make it look good to the real gun people" even though we really don't... Not being allowed to handle, or dry fire any of the guns on display just made it a bit of a waste of time I thought.

Did anyone ever go to the Airsoft Arms Fair that The Grange used to run bi-annually? 'Cos that was great. I'm hoping this is going to grow into that, but on a larger scale, I'm hopeful the pistol shooting thing might be good too.

Not going to hold my breath, like. But fingers crossed.

I've decided to sack it off... Airsoft world pulled out, which means the target run... Thing... Isn't on. There's a grand total of 10 stands... And the food is well expensive. For £12, id expect more... The British showing show is only £5 more expensive for FAR more...

Did anyone ever go to the Airsoft Arms Fair that The Grange used to run bi-annually? 'Cos that was great. I'm hoping this is going to grow into that, but on a larger scale, I'm hopeful the pistol shooting thing might be good too.

Not going to hold my breath, like. But fingers crossed.

Yeah went to a few of those and also used to do the car boot bit! Was always good. Shame they haven't done one this year, so I am treking up to the F&O Military Mart to try and shift my surplus gear instead. The airsoft boot fair down in Bexley is good too - I did the first one as it coincided with a visit to the inlaws in Essex. I got to avoid the mother in law with the excuse that I was making money :)

Hmm - looking at the Facebook page it seems that it's really only a handful of retailers going now. As an Expo I would have expected there to be maunfacturers etc represented and new/prototype products on display - when the original email ads went out they had 14 stands booked and were expecting more. Now it looks like 10 retailers.

On 20th & 21st September 2014, Airsoft Expo will take place in a massive 24,500sq ft exhibition centre making it the largest Airsoft Expo in the country.

So each stand is going to be over 2000sq ft :)

• Supporters

Yeah, seems a bit shit, but I've got the ticket booked now -______-

The range not being there is highly shite, I read somewhere that WE Europe have pulled out as well, the range and the gas guns were the most appealing aspects of it imo, so that sucks.

I'm hoping there's going to be one of those new VFC FNX-45s there for me to have a grope of, if there isn't it's going to have been a long, expensive trip, for nothing. Wish I'd not booked the ticket now.

Irritating thing is... I spoke to them regarding a full or partial refund and they basically stonewalled me with "it's not our fault" and when I stated that, no you obviously can't control the exhibitors, but that's not the customers problem... You are the event organisers and responsible for the running of it... So let's be having a refund... They then stopped communication.

So not only was it falsely advertised, not only are they unwilling to take responsibility for their event, and not only have they set up "the biggest expo in the country".... With only 10 stands... But their also money grabbing ball bags.

I wouldn't go to this if you paid me... And for those going... If only 1000 people go, your looking at 100 people per stall... Try fitting an entire skirmish site around a table... It's going to be a cluster f... It's going to be bad.

Irritating thing is... I spoke to them regarding a full or partial refund and they basically stonewalled me with "it's not our fault" and when I stated that, no you obviously can't control the exhibitors, but that's not the customers problem... You are the event organisers and responsible for the running of it... So let's be having a refund... They then stopped communication.

So not only was it falsely advertised, not only are they unwilling to take responsibility for their event, and not only have they set up "the biggest expo in the country".... With only 10 stands... But their also money grabbing ball bags.

I wouldn't go to this if you paid me... And for those going... If only 1000 people go, your looking at 100 people per stall... Try fitting an entire skirmish site around a table... It's going to be a cluster f... It's going to be bad.

That sucks mate. Although I know its hard to organise something like this having arranged exhibitions in the past (not airsoft related). You have to plan probably a year ahead, get invites out to traders etc who invariably take ages to confirm they will attend (and who don't pay a deposit or anything until the show), and also advertise the event as widely as possible, again months before the actual event based on what you hope will be a full exhibition hall (and pay for said advertising). Granted real time advertising gives up to the minute info but that can and does work against the organisers if, as in this case, traders etc drop out. Traders must have cause for concern if they are pulling out,most likely around numbers of advance tickets sold, as it costs a company like Airsoft World thousands for a stand for the weekend with stand fees, transport, wages, hotel costs etc so they need to know punters will be flocking in. Say it costs a company £1000 in total for a stand for the weekend, they will need to sell around £4000 of gear at retail price just to break even, without making a profit. They do these shows to lift their profile, make a good impression and get follow on orders over the coming months so it HAS to be worth their while in terms of numbers through the doors. Several companies getting jitters and apparently pulling out does not bode well.

I really hope the expo is a success or it most likely won't happen again in future as the organisers are also a commercial concern who need to show a profit.

NH Shooter, suggest you ask for a part refund based on some of the listed stands and facilities being withdrawn? Unlikely you'd get a full refund unless the Expo was cancelled completely I expect.

I will be interested to hear how the Expo goes, I would love to go but can't sadly.

your post

I can understand how much of an issue it would be. I do... I just think that if you take it upon yourself to do something like this, you have to take responsibility for it.

I did specifically ask for a partial refund or some form of adjustment to be made, considering a large drop in advertised exhibitors and events. At that point they stopped all communication... So they can forget ever getting anything from me again. I've heard of guys booking train tickets to come across the country, some are coming from Ireland... For 10 tables, dwarfed in a massive space... I recon all hell will break loose. I hate this entitled view of "we own your money, we're entitled to it, cus we tried hard".... No... I'm paying for a service, thanks... Not an attempt at one.

Their actions are appaling, I think.

I can understand how much of an issue it would be. I do... I just think that if you take it upon yourself to do something like this, you have to take responsibility for it.

Their actions are appaling, I think.

Absolutely. Totally agree with you. I'd feel the same. If it is poor, no doubt people will kick off and quite rightly. I guess comments will be forthcoming this pm!

Taken from another forum...

"Just been to the airsoft expo in Warwickshire if you are planning to go then don't bother we paid £12 entry to look at only 5 very small stalls"

The gates opened at 9am. The post was made at 10.23am... It's not even taking people till the afternoon! ;)

• Supporters

Wow =/

I knew booking in advance was a shit idea. I was happy to pay £2 extra on the door for the chance to pull out without losing money at the last minute as well, but my mate booked all the tickets :angry:

hey all, there was 8 stalls in total hummm.. got there at 9 left by 11...we stay for breakfast in case some more stall opened which did to be so there was 9 :(

It wasn't worth the 12 entry £5 would have been fairer.

However i must admitt there was some good points to mention...... incentive design had some lovely remote controlled sentry units, another one hooked up to a speaker so you could play realist gun fire, chopper, and anything else u can stick on a usb www.incentivedesigns.co.uk they are also about to release there own m4 tracer mag, with 3 led in the mag 8hrs battery life, and will basically super charge the bb compared to the flash of light they get in a barrel extention unit. will be about 300-400 rounds can imagine it will tak up to much space in a highcap

JDairsoft was the best stall there and will properly make all the money as they had all the guns there.. my mate purchased a Honey badger and it currently rubbing one out over it.....

The only other stall to really mention is www.airsoftassult.co.uk free site to sell and trade kit looked very nice, spent more 30 sec flicking around, will look again after this post.

but in all honestly we drove up from from kettering, and was a bit of a waste, maybe next year it will have more stands

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.