Help a newbie modify TM Steyr Aug High Cycle

Shootinputin_187

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

HI all!

Am new to airsoft and in the process of acquiring my first gun. Would be really glad to get some feedback and advice on this project I'm thinking of undertaking.

I'm trying to achieve a look similar to the rifle below (a SAR-21):

post-10148-0-77659000-1410995416_thumb.jpg

My current plan is to start off with a stock TM Steyr AUG HC (pictured below)

post-10148-0-35792800-1410995458_thumb.jpg

Step 1: Replace the stock barrel with a longer version

Step 2: Remove the lower rail and vertical grip that comes with the stock

Step 3: Install a RIS handguard on the longer barrel
Step 4: Install a longer vertical grip on the RIS handguard

I have given some thought to using a Steyr Aug A1 from TM or a Umarex TAR 21 as the base but have rejected them because the AUG A1's scope mount is too distinctive and is not removable, and the TAR's handguard doesn't seem to be replaceable.

Do let me know your opinions and input on what else I can/should consider! Thanks very much for helping out a newbie!

post-10148-0-58386300-1410995086_thumb.jpg

post-10148-0-34530900-1410995261_thumb.jpg

Being two entirely different weapon systems you'll find it is near impossible to get an AUG to look similar to an SAR-21. I've browsed online before for AUG parts and there are no aftermarket parts to get it even close to what you want.

It's hard enough trying to find an AUGA3 rail system. I suppose you could always attempt custom work. However, I cannot guarantee that it would look anything even close to your liking and would personally avoid in case of damaging your gun.

Being two entirely different weapon systems you'll find it is near impossible to get an AUG to look similar to an SAR-21. I've browsed online before for AUG parts and there are no aftermarket parts to get it even close to what you want.

It's hard enough trying to find an AUGA3 rail system. I suppose you could always attempt custom work. However, I cannot guarantee that it would look anything even close to your liking and would personally avoid in case of damaging your gun.

Really appreciate the honesty. Would you know of any establishments that do good custom work?

Really appreciate the honesty. Would you know of any establishments that do good custom work?

I'm not familiar with any no mate. The difficulty to custom make plastic components for a gun is pretty high so it seems highly unlikely to be able to fulfill your idea of an SAR-21 I'm afraid.

Give it a few years and I'm sure A.P.S, AGM or Tokyo Marui will probably manufacture one?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.