HFC VSR 11 Accuracy

redrum

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Everyone,

My first post here.

Thie VSR 11 is my first airsoft rifle and I cant believe how inaccurate it is. :(

The rifle is fitted with one of my old tried and tested Tasco Varminter Zoom scopes and I am not new to shooting, just airsoft.

I watched vids and read up before buying this (Bar 10 was 1st choice) and I bought it with a view to upgrading as funds allow However the accuracy is so poor I feel like ditching it.

I have bought it primarily as a backyard plinker to enjoy relatively safe can shooting with the Grandchildren but doubt if I could consistently hit a can with it.

On my 11.5 metre indoor range the best 10 shot group so far is just over 4 inches. most are 7 inches

Being new to Airsoft my question is, is this quite normal or could I expect better accuracy?

• Supporters

Should be better. Clean the barrel and the hopup with rubbing alcohol with he cleaning stick.

Also use god quality heavy BBs, like madbull 0.40g.

A good sniper gun should hit a head size target at 50m. A good unmodified sniper gun should hit it on 40m at least, with every shot.

Hi and thank you for the reply I will try the cleaning with rubbing alcohol.

Wow really a head at 50m mine wouldn't hit an elephant every time at 50m. :lol:

Bought some .3 bb's, only Bulldog but they are no better than the .2's.

Gun is stock and it goes through a drink can both sides my old chrono wont read it but from what I've read I'm guessing it's 400ish fps.

My honest opinion is do not use bulldogs, they are endorsed by a cheap company and the quality is very low as in my experience they can jam a high quality barrel which is what a sniper like that is likely to have. I recommend madbull and blaster and they do not cost the earth and as a sniper you will not use to many anyway meaning the price isn't an issue. Also I am just interested to know what made you go with the HFC and not the JG BAR-10?

Good luck and I'll keep my eye on this thread.

Hi and thanks for the reply,

I was wondering if the problem might be ammo related but I only have bulldog .2's and .3's so I will have to order some more.

Madbull are the ones I was looking at earlier this evening oddly enough but I have no idea which makes are likely to be good or bad as yet being new to this.

I do actually quite like the idea of a skirmish to be quite honest but I can't run like I used to and suspect lack of speed = early bath.

Ah the buying decision was made for me HFC in stock and BAR 10 similar to rocking horse manure.

Rifle was bought with the idea of upgrading so I'm not too worried if I do end up buying some bits.

Thats interesting. I thought I might be a bit old at 58 for skirmishing, even tho I'm fit for that age.

Don't want to go off topic but I wouldn't take much encouraging that's for sure.

Back on topic Madbull sniper grade bb's are on their way to me hoping for tomorrow delivery.

Decided while I'm waiting to take out the barrel for cleaning and remove the hop and inspect the assembly just to be sure.

Will report back later.

Well.....

Stripped, cleaned and re assembled.

11.5m indoor range 10 shot group and I completely covered it with a 2p piece! :o

2nd group slightly tighter but had one low flyer.

Shot outside at a fence post about 4 inches wide at 34 paces freestanding and aiming just at the top 6 inches above the top wire, hit 5 out of 5

The rifle is now shooting exactly as I hoped it would and this with the Bulldog .3g bb's. Be interesting when the Madbull snipers arrive.

When I removed the hop chamber the bucking looked twisted or not on fully on the one side or skewed a little if you like and I thought after that the nub was lined up with one of the flat sides of the barrel tho not definite about that, but I could not see anything else.

Thanks for the input guys next task... upgrade it!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.