Glock 17 Venting

Gazzanator

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys, need a little help with a venting pistol.

I have a Meister G17 with Guarder slide and it's venting the mag after only a few shots.

The previous owner claims to have replaced a few internal parts like the trigger spring and guide.

Any ideas on how to remedy this ?

Cheers.

More than likely the O-rings in the magazine(s) have swollen up or worn out. Try replacing them first, and go from there.

Sorry, should have mentioned it's a new mag. Anything else I should be looking for ? Cheers

Check the firing pin then, (the piece that strikes the valve on the magazine) to make sure it isn't being pushed too far forward or getting stuck/ lodged into the magazine valve.

• Supporters

Sounds to me like there's something catching between the slide and frame, the gun will continue to release gas until the slide is about 3/4 of the way back and resets the hammer.

If the slide is catching somewhere it'll take a lot more gas to overcome that resistance and reduce gas efficiency massively.

It would appear the previous owner has not replaced the hammer spring(?) which appears to be AWOL. Would this have the effect you've just described ?

There's supposed to be a little spring under the actuator on the left hand side of the hammer housing according to Youtube. This is definetly missing on my pistol.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.