Sound Reduction

SuicidalBarrelRoll

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

NBBs are the obvious ones. My M700 was extremely silent when it had the suppressor attached, when you fired all you could hear was the striker plate hitting the gas release valve on the mag.

For AEG:

Well, there isn't much of a sound reduction no matter what you do; you can use sorbo pads on the piston head which will dampen the sound.. a little... Next you can fill the body will foam but i doubt there will be any space for that anyway.

You can put a mock suppressor filled with foam.... but... that'll next to nothing because the sound is coming from the gearbox.

The best thing you can do is shimming the gearbox, use good quality grease, correct basically everything and it will reduce sound.... slightly.

Next, you can use a higher voltage battery like an 11100V lipo so the gearbox sound won't last any longer than a millisecond

For gas:

Tm mk23, silent already

• Supporters

For AEG:

Well, there isn't much of a sound reduction no matter what you do; you can use sorbo pads on the piston head which will dampen the sound.. a little... Next you can fill the body will foam but i doubt there will be any space for that anyway.

Actually, there is. Perfect shimming and/or a good quality motor will make your aeg much quieter. I swapped out the standard motor from my Dboys KAC pdw for a Marui EG700 motor and it shoots a lot quieter.

• Supporters

My mate has a VFC H&K416 with a V2 Fusion Engine fitted, add the QD suppressor and if you're more than 12m away, you can't hear it. At all.

Mk 23 has a small thump sound I can hhear it maybe 5 metres to 10 away and that's a push sometimes its ridiciously quiet

It is NBB but if you want silent this is your bet

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.