M4 Mid Cap Mag replacement spring & follower

Qlimax

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hi to all,

Does anyone know where I can get replacement strong springs for an M4 mid cap magazine and followers as well !!!!

The only ones I can find so far are PTW replacement MAG springs but I need standard M4 ones.

If anyone knows can you please post link/s in this thread or PM me. it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

• Supporters

tried a vast number of mid caps mate none of which will feed .25s so looking to change the springs if I can

• Supporters

Try these - you will need to trim them down or they will fire bbs all over the place but I used them to replace the springs in MAG 120 round mid caps

http://www.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=1&manufacturerId=10&prodId=15476&cateId=0

Cool. How much do these need cutting down and do you know if they'll feed .25s.

• Supporters

Try these - you will need to trim them down or they will fire bbs all over the place but I used them to replace the springs in MAG 120 round mid caps

http://www.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=1&manufacturerId=10&prodId=15476&cateId=0

Did your standard followers fit these springs as well or did you put the PTW follower on ?

• Supporters

They feed .25 with mine. I used the followers from my old magazines - I cut them to the same length as my old springs then left them for a week before retesting them. They functioned fine but I left them full for the duration of NAE

Cool. Did you cut the end off that goes thinner for the PTW follower ! Will give them a crack.

• Supporters

For followers Hunter seeker has designed a better follower and I know airlab sells them.

Those look different. How do those work then and I assume they fit in as they look ? Sorry never messed with mid caps before bar PTW ones

• Supporters

ill have to wait to receive them to see how they go in and if they'll fit or not. can't find anything on their site showing me how they are fitted.

• Supporters

tried a vast number of mid caps mate none of which will feed .25s so looking to change the springs if I can

Have you considered the option that maybe it's the gun?

There's thousands of people out there happily using midcaps with 0.25g BBs!

• Supporters

Have you considered the option that maybe it's the gun?

There's thousands of people out there happily using midcaps with 0.25g BBs!

I would have but since I have tried these mid caps in all 6 of my weapons I cannot see it being the weapons. They work excellent on .20g juat not .25

• Supporters

I would have but since I have tried these mid caps in all 6 of my weapons I cannot see it being the weapons. They work excellent on .20g juat not .25

I'll be honest with you, I'd be climbing the walls in frustration at this.

I run 0.25s in Dytac Invader midcaps and have no issues at all in my M4 (which started out as TM but now has a Dytac receiver - which may have some influence of course) and in my G&G SCAR-L. I have a buddy that uses Dytac Invaders with 0.25s in all 3 of his G&G M4s with no problem and another that uses them in his KAC PDW again with no issues. I realise that doesn't help you but if I was constantly being told "well they should be fine" I'd be getting pissed off too!

• Supporters

Yeah defo pissing me off I've tried nearly all mid caps so far bar a few and none feed .25s if I put 30-50 in the mid cap they feed but anymore or fill and nothing. This is why I am turning to upgrades to see if it makes a difference.

The only other conclusion is its the BBs them self

• Supporters

The only other conclusion is its the BBs them self

What brand are you using?

• Supporters

So I have tried the following brands.

G&G own mid caps.

CAA

Dytac

Magpul. Worked better but not fully.

I have also tried the Beta project Pmags they wouldn't even fit lol.

so I am goin to upgrade the springs in the G&G mags I have and see what happens with those. My mate has the exact same ones and his feed .25s no probs. Think it will do a BB test as well. Use my .25s then his and see if there's a difference.

have tried fewer BBs but to run 120rd mid caps with only 30-50 BBs in I may as well change to low caps.

• Supporters

G&G own mid caps.

CAA

Dytac

so I am goin to upgrade the springs in the G&G mags I have and see what happens with those. My mate has the exact same ones and his feed .25s no probs. Think it will do a BB test as well. Use my .25s then his and see if there's a difference.

have tried fewer BBs but to run 120rd mid caps with only 30-50 BBs in I may as well change to low caps.

Sorry, I meant what brand of BBs...

G&G own mid caps.

CAA

Dytac

I think he means BBs not midcaps.

Have you tried other BBs. What about cyma or classic army mid caps?

• Supporters

So I have just ran a BB test on a few different brands I have available and I must say ANNOYED isn't the word.

King arms .25g - fed perfectly entire mag

G&G .25g - as above

Blaster .25g - as above.

BUT

I have around 30,000 .25s which I bought believing they were Blaster .25s but not in their original bottle/bags. Anyway so they are the ones I have been testing on and they never feed at all but having tried just now all the other brands and actual brands they all fed perfectly.

So not only have I spent £100 on fake blaster .25s and on top £53 on new springs and followers only to find it's the damn BBs.

Now it's stupid as I didn't put it down to those as they work perfectly in my hi caps but obviously they would.

NOT HAPPY AT ALL.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.