Kids Places to shoot?

yerfdog

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

I have just starting looking into airsoft for myself and my 2 boys are really interested.

Is there anywhere that they are able to shoot in the south of england. We are near Heathrow airport if that helps.

My boys are 8 and 9. (Next birthday March)

Are they too young for anywhere?

Mike

• Supporters

Yup, youngest I've seen a site allow is 12.

Could always lie about their ages I guess, but expect a bad time if anything goes wrong that might call on the involvement of insurance companies...

To be honest would you really be happy allowing your very young children to be shot at by a fully grown adult? And I would guess that Under 18 only events would be worse, the 14-16 year old players I have met have been horrendous overkilling cheating lil bitches, I don't want to play with them let alone allow a younger more vulnerable kid to play with them.

I would be sticking to back yard plinking if it were my kids. Even better, buy a cheep chinese air rifle and teach them proper gun control,respect and target shooting.

To be honest would you really be happy allowing your very young children to be shot at by a fully grown adult? And I would guess that Under 18 only events would be worse, the 14-16 year old players I have met have been horrendous overkilling cheating lil bitches, I don't want to play with them let alone allow a younger more vulnerable kid to play with them.

I would be sticking to back yard plinking if it were my kids. Even better, buy a cheep chinese air rifle and teach them proper gun control,respect and target shooting.

bit of a stereotype, in 14 myself and take every hit, even for I am doubt. In fact, the older people at my site are the ones who haven't taken a hit In the past, maybe because they got shot by a "14 year old"...

As posted before though, get some guns, maybe do a few garden battles with them, but you should always choose at that sort of age. I only say it is a bit young but by 11 they should be dying to go, and I'm sure she sites allow 11 year olds

Even though they are presently too young, it's good that they are interested in it, as it presents an opportunity to share an activity with them and perhaps more importantly, teach them about responsibility, since even an airsoft gun could hurt someone. Set up a range in your back yard and do it there. That will still be fun and by the time they are old enough to have a go at a skirmish (if they have not lost interest in it as kids sometimes do), then they will be very good shots and will act responsibly with stuff too. Since there's two of them, you can teach them other stuff beyond shooting itself, such as the correct way to move with a weapon, as well as things such as bounding overwatch, fire and manoeuvre, centre peel etc. If they learn all that, they can kick everyone's ass on their playstation lol, and then they'll think you're the coolest dad in the world. Which of course you will be if you teach them all that stuff.

In the meantime, if you still feel the need to shoot your kids (in the nicest possible way of course), then you might want to consider an event with Nerf guns. Take a look at this site for more info:

http://britnerf.co.uk/index.php

• Supporters

get some plinkers and GOOD EYE PROTECTION

seriously - even if they are just messing about with like 200fps FANTASTIC guns

they can still lose an eye - you the adult must fully educate them like all parenting stuff

even just target practise - you can get the odd rebound of a step/stone and come back at ya

(I'll admit I may not fully protect myself when test firing a few shots in garden but that is my fault if I lose an eye)

plus ya missus would do her nut as well you would feel guilty as hell - it is all your fault anyway btw

little plinkers a good step up from nerf guns but also more safety, trust me at 350fps in say the back or other parts

fvcking stings a bit if they hit you sometimes - mostly it is nothing major but now n then you do get a stinging reminder

you are playing a much more realistic game than firing off a few nerf darts

so start them off with a gun & target practise - closely supervised, see how responsible you all are and providing not too

much fuss/noise you shouldn't have too many problems with neighbours

(don't do this indoors - they bounce EVERYWHERE and deffo not if you like your LCD TV to still work etc.....)

if they take to it - you better get in shape, my 14yr old leaves me standing and is off sprinting off all gun-ho at sites

puff pant - too old for dis $hit but still a bit of fun and bonding with gun crap n stuff

Oh and start working overtime too perhaps

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

I have been doing alot of shooting for years, Clay and FAC. As you say i am looking for something for them to progress in the sport and Airsoft will be a good foundation.

I have got them a couple of little HJC to start them off with and aloud them to do one shoot on each other bums so they can feel and respect the pain even theses little guns give. I thought if they know how much of a sting in the bum is they would NOT aim above the chest in the future.

At the moment they are running around with all there nerf kit on for protection will there new face masks turn up.

I just got to try and control them a little so they don't unload a full mag every time they pull the trigger. (costing be loads in BB's)

Will be making some home made targets this weekend with them also.

Now my daughter wants in, she is 12 already but the gun has to be pink !

Just the wife now, then we can be one big happy air soft family!

• Supporters

Yup - proper eye protection, full face btw

little plinkers will be ideal, try not to go nutz buying loads of cheapo crap

from JBBG, BBguns4Less, OnlyBBGuns, Geniestuff etc....

most of us have bought some of that crap at first so don't buy lots of it

(still got some of this plinker crap but can't really use at sites coz you get owned by proper AEG)

ya daughter obviously has seen the pink G&G guns - typical young woman knows what she wants and all that

You can print out some little targets on printer, use old plastic milk bottle half filled with water keep it steady

old tin can etc... - something you can hear as well as see when you hit it - no need to buy or make up very

expensive/intricate targets in the end.....

depending on range/accuracy of guns start off at say 30ft on a can/milk bottle but due to close range/ricochet

ensure eye protection even with plinkers, to some full face protection & plinkers might seem a bit ott but better

to get them respecting safety from start before they move on when/if they really get into it

I can't quite believe this! I have a 5 year old and although the OP is suggesting an 8 & 9 year old there's no way that letting them get shot with a 350fps rifle is a good idea! My son loves Nerf and we have several 140-150fps modified blasters, there's been several times when a dart has hit his face (He wears child safety glasses) and he's screamed out in pain, it bloody hurts! If 12 is the accepted age then understand that that comes from experience, TBH I wouldn't let me kid at 12 do this, it's classed as an "Extreme sport" unless you're some kind of gun ninja you're inevitably going to get hit and it really does sting like a bitch!

I think there's a place that allows young kids to play shall look out the franchise there all over do paintball and laser tag too as for quality of there site's I do not know I wouldn't expect anything major

Anyway far as I know they only do hire guns none of your own and the fps is low considering well children so will have a look for you see if I can find what it's called

OK I found it but it looks even worse than I remember the few places I looked at don't seem to have walk on days but maybe your specific one might so

http://airsoftcombat.co.uk

Hope it has what your looking for but doubting that

• Supporters

Is it bad that I read the thread title and thought it said "places to shoot kids"?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.