Repair kit

Cheeky vimto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just wondering if I'm missing anything to repair guns. If you work on them, what do you keep?

zZG2uw.jpg

From let to right:

- Super glue

- thread lock

- silicon gun oil for pistols

- green paint marker

- rocol aqua-sil (use piston o-rings)

- bear lock

- black electrical tape

- PTFE tape

- solder

- Lonex grease

- gleitmo 585k grease (use on gears)

- spare 3mm gearbox screws

- dean connectors

- red/black heat shrink

- different sized cable ties

- spare o-rings

- radiator cowling edge protector (was thinking of shortening mesh mask and putting around the edge)

- old parts

Am I missing anything? I think I've got everything I need to sort out a faulty gun. What does everybody else keep?

My typical repair kit is a long philips screwdriver (for going down the buffer tube), a normal Philips screwdriver, a small pointed drive for taping out the pins, a hammer and an allen key for the gearbox. That is basically needed for every repair job/upgrade I do. Some silicon spray and gear greese and some kitchen towel solves most of the issues and from there I would probably add some duck tape! Anything that goes beyond that is going to require a purchase in my experience.

Allen keys, screwdrivers, cleaning/unjamming rod, valve keys.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.