CO2 pistols

Richie Boyle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

simple question:

can a CO2 pistol use gas instead of capsules?

obviously this would require different mags but I think I am going to like my latest purchase. 70p per capsule is going to restrict its use though so is there an alternative?

that price was based on the price I paid for extra capsules over the counter. I know ebay is a little cheaper but I didn't know amazon sold them. I stopped using amazon about 6 years ago

CO2 it is then. I just tried an ebay search and the possible prices are roughly half so I feel better about using it now. Not sure about the brands though. 1 deal appears to be unbranded and some others I have never heard of. Umarex and ASG are there so I may stick to them rather than risk inferior goods

• 3 weeks later...

a problem has become evident with the spare mag

the original mag will fire approximately 40 rounds before the capsule runs out. no big dramas, it simply stops firing bbs

the spare mag fires between 19 and 25 rounds depending on the make of the capsule. swiss arms = 20 (tried twice) umarex = 25 and a brand i have never heard of fired 19. the problem is that the gun vents and freezes the capsule after these numbers but the standard mag does not do this. a tech suggested stripping both and swapping the working parts to see what happens. problem may be solved or i will at least find out whether its the magazine or working parts that are to blame

the alternative is to buy the cheapest capsules i can buy and just live with it

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.