looking for a gun

jim765

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

looking for a gun for £250- 300. i have heard the combat machine range are very good but looking for a gun to last as i wont be buying another anytime soon. i was looking at the gen 2 t418 but none are in stock as it is gen 2 and also lots of people have had problems is there any other gun for this price range which is good? preferbaly an m4

Combat machine. Buy a lipo and make your setup and modify the gun. Combat machines will ask as long as the gen two, the only difference between them really is the barrel and the metal body tbh. Oh and the price range tag

the Combat machine. its cheaper, nearly as good (some could argue pretty much the same) and if your not fussed if it metal or not then its lightweight, affordable and will last for ages. It also means you can start to upgrade it, external and internals, and get some attachments for it :)

yes but i would preferably like a metal gun and i feel that ill be wanting a metal gun in a year or so and regret buying thr combat machine

have a look at G&P. their guns are very nice externally and very good internally

the thing is i want to get into airsofting but my parents wont let me have more than 1 gun for some reason. so i want to make it a good gun that i would not one to replace. what gun would you get in my position

At least your will let you have a gun lol

(Jealousy emoticon lol)

yes but i would preferably like a metal gun and i feel that ill be wanting a metal gun in a year or so and regret buying thr combat machine

The novelty wears off of having a metal gun, especially during warm days and you're moving alot. Try the G&G Top Tech m4s? Or like it's already been mentioned; upgrade the CM16 into a beast

I kinda thought it sort of depended a bit on where you would play....

what do you mean?

i think that is effectively a G&G cm16 raider with a metal body. Have a look at the G&P range, Land warrior and pro airsoft have quite a lot of them in stock. they make the best externals for airsoft in your price range and their internals are good again.

what do you mean?

i think that is effectively a G&G cm16 raider with a metal body. Have a look at the G&P range, Land warrior and pro airsoft have quite a lot of them in stock. they make the best externals for airsoft in your price range and their internals are good again.

That if you played CQB you wouldn't get a sniper etc. Can't really say this as I don't have a gun, but for me I wouldn't get a short and stubby gun for woodland.

That if you played CQB you wouldn't get a sniper etc. Can't really say this as I don't have a gun, but for me I wouldn't get a short and stubby gun for woodland.

stubby would be fine for woodland, obviously not a sniper for cqb but apart from that saying "i need a small gun for cqb" is pointless, yes it will be easier to use but it won't make much of a difference.

I Used an MP5 for woodland. 0 problems. In fact it did better than some other guns.

• Supporters

what g&ps would you recomend

All their M4's and M14's. G&P M14's are super quiet and have incredible performance / rate of fire out of the box, their M4's are pretty standard internally but externally they're gorgeous.

I own a g&g cm16 raider and the lightness is good in cqb games as you can snap the sights on someone very quickly for longer and it's easier to carry for longer.

Don't disregard the combat machines as it's made from very good plastic which is better than some pot metal!

I own a g&g cm16 raider and the lightness is good in cqb games as you can snap the sights on someone very quickly for longer and it's easier to carry for longer.

Don't disregard the combat machines as it's made from very good plastic which is better than some pot metal!

yep, what marcus said. have a look at which externals you like the look of, internally they are the same pretty much

• Supporters

That is a decent gun, if you must have an M4 and you want it with a metal receiver. Out of the box it will not disappoint compared to anything you'll be up against skirmishing. Bear in mind that paying more money for 'pre-upgraded' guns doesn't always make sense, because they may not be the upgrades you would choose. It's also worth considering that right now you don't know much, so trying to pick 'the best' is not going to be easy - you don't know what will suit your play style best. The GC16 Raider S will work fine as an all rounder and has rails all over it, so it'll be a simple enough job to add accessories as you do develop your skirmish techniques.

There are differences between gun lengths, but TBH I CBA to get into it right now. If you decide later that you would rather have 6" more barrel, it's a simple enough job to fit a barrel extension and longer internal barrel and it'll look fine. If you stick with short and want more power, a 233x6.03mm tight bore barrel should just about scrape under 350FPS without needing to change the spring.

You may have already read about hop up, but if not stick around and you will. The G&G stock set up is good as it is, but for additional accuracy you could upgrade to an H-nub.

If you have large hands you may find the controls of a stock M4 a little awkward, but this problem can be ameliorated somewhat by fitting a pistol grip with extra width to the backstrap. G&G make one which also has ergonomic moulding. I forget what they call it, but 'tactical' will be in there somewhere...

Of course, if you had any taste or good sense you'd be after an AK, but the answer to the basic question of "is this gun any good?" is yes.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.