Shotgun upgrade

Jacob(smooth)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I've fixed all my masks with fans, I've fixed my MP001, I've made a claymore mine. I've decided I enjoy tinkering more than playing. What to do next...

So I was thinking. One of my favourite guns is my cheap mossberg shotty. Its small and light enough to run about with, but with a reflex sight is also surprising accurate, thus serving as both CQB and a shorter range sniper option if I don't want to lug my MP001 about. Lovely joyful little gun.

I'm thinking if I were to get one, take it to bits, put some new internals in, maybe a better spring, better piston etc, how badass could one make a cheap shotgun?

Anyone else done this? Any recommendations on a good one to upgrade? I'm thinking the M58B might be a starting platform, cheap so if I balls it up its not cost me too much, already rated over 300 fps so should take a little abuse. No rail on it but that has to be an easy fix.

Thoughts?

• Supporters

Is it a single shot? Then it's well worth fixing it around the hopup and cleaning it. Just fix the seals (I did mine with teflon tape) and the wobbly barrel if it is wobbly. Don't change the spring, the shotguns die in their factory setup quickly enough.

It's not broken, I just want to pimp it! When you say fixing it around the hop up, what exactly do you mean (sorry, I'm new here)

• Supporters

Mine was some china made cheapo. In that the barrel did't had the "window" aegs have on the barrel. I wrapped some pfte teflon tape on the end so if fit snug in the hopup unit. That alone increased the fps by 50. Cleaning the grease from the hopup rubber increased the accuracy.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.