M249 owners - need some questions answered please

clumpyedge

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

First question I have is regarding the box magazines - not sure all are the same...

On the section of the magazine that feeds the bbs to the hop unit, What is the material used for the tubing, From what I can tell it only looks like coiled metal (like a long pressurized spring) is that was it is or is it actual PVC tubing inside?

Hi,

First question I have is regarding the box magazines - not sure all are the same...

On the section of the magazine that feeds the bbs to the hop unit, What is the material used for the tubing, From what I can tell it only looks like coiled metal (like a long pressurized spring) is that was it is or is it actual PVC tubing inside?

On the A&K m249 I had, it was just a long spring. It fed like shite!

• Supporters

On the A&K m249 I had, it was just a long spring. It fed like shite!

That.

It's a coiled spring but to be honest, mine works OK. Just lucky I guess. Haven't tried using a high cap STANAG yet on account of how there's only SO much winding I can do before I get bored!

That.

It's a coiled spring but to be honest, mine works OK. Just lucky I guess. Haven't tried using a high cap STANAG yet on account of how there's only SO much winding I can do before I get bored!

My friend just uses a G&P M249 MK2 box magazine on his A&K one. Has yellow writing on it and supposedly they are a thousand times better than a A&K magazine.

• Supporters

My friend just uses a G&P M249 MK2 box magazine on his A&K one. Has yellow writing on it and supposedly they are a thousand times better than a A&K magazine.

Interesting....

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.