Ares amoeba honey badger advice for it?

Gungeorge

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys was thinking of getting this

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/new-products/amoeba-am-013-honey-badger-m4-full-rail-black.htm

Wondering know anyone with it or is it worthwhile either looking to this or suggestions on a m4

Anything you can tell me about this gun is a help

Looks like an interesting weapon, you would certainly stand out with it

After many reviews and yet to skirmish with it, I went with g&g raider L, with this based on the m4, its a good platform

How readily available are parts for that rifle

• Supporters

If you want an ACTUAL honey badger replica it's your only choice at the minute. If you want an M4 based gun then the world is your oyster, there's feckin hundreds out there.

Yeah I spotted this and got all excited as for parts I'd hope so but I know nothing of it its either this a dytac m4 or a sa80

• Supporters

Fair enough just sorta looked cool

Which is the WHOLE point in my eyes.

If you like the look of it then go for it. Ares have a bot of a reputation for unreliable internals but the current amoeba series seem to be addressing that as they are selling well. The thing to bear in mind about the Honey Badger is that it's an M4 at heart with a different stock and a suppressor sunk back inside the handguard. I think they look quite nice regardless of how aesthetically accurate they may or may not be. As far as I am aware the actual Honey Badger hasn't made it into mass production anyway so it's not like there's loads of real ones about to compare to.

Yeah

Which is the WHOLE point in my eyes.

If you like the look of it then go for it. Ares have a bot of a reputation for unreliable internals but the current amoeba series seem to be addressing that as they are selling well.

Yeah cheers its the internals I jwas concerned about I'd rather not get something that's just gonna break on me

I actually saw someone with one at a skirmish last night, it's not as small as I was expecting, The hand guard was about the same diameter as a standard RIS, not very sleek or concealable. Much fatter than a NSR hand guard.

It also looks like it retained the cheep feel Ares polymer, which is better than most, but not as good as G&G imo. It also runs a stupidly small battery, in the compartment where the buffer tube should be. Smaller than a PEQ box, so your going to have to be swapping them out regularly if your a trigger happy fiend.

I was actually very underwhelmed with it. I didn't get to shoot it but we had a good look and gossip about it.

You could convert an M4 to look similar for about £100, with a keymod rail and a stinger style stock.

Very semi auto orientated seen a 1300 battery that'll fit it what I use on my Aug so all good mmm

I was actually very underwhelmed with it. I didn't get to shoot it but we had a good look and gossip about .

Did you see it being shot? If so was it any good with range?

• Supporters

Very semi auto orientated seen a 1300 battery that'll fit it what I use on my Aug so all good mmm

Did you see it being shot? If so was it any good with range?

Pretty sure semi actually uses more battery life per shot than auto ;)

I don't have a HB but i do have one of the other amoeba M4s so same gearbox, probably same hop and similar inner barrel. I normally get 3/4 to a full day out of a 800mAh lipo firing semi mostly with full auto bursts, trigger response is nice and sharp and i haven't had any worries about the gearbox, body is polymer but being reinforce nylon rather than abs is extremely durable. defiantly skirmish able out the box. only thing i would complaine about is the stock sites are pants and it might be a little hot, but its a quick change spring so no worries there.

if you get a programmer module as well the built in battery protection is a godsend for small lipos and the burst fire works well.

I've got a video of me playing around with one last weekend, not a fantastically well filmed thing (phone camera), but I'll hunt it down when I get home.

That'd be great bud would love to see it most of the vids I've seen have been American videos that have already went and upgraded it

But considering the module

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.