CM16 M4 R8-L not firing straight

Cashisback

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello guys. I recently bought a CM16 M4 R8-L and got a manufactured two tone version. When I put the optics on the main body (receiver I think it's called) it seems to fire a bit to the right, but when placed on the front rail it seems to shoot fine. I'm guessing somethings not aligned properly. Any ideas on how to fix it?

so your saying you put a scope on the gun and the BBs start pulling right?

putting an optic on the rail shouldnt adjust the way it fires? what optic are you using? how far to the right? is it noticeable as soon as it leaves the barrel of at distance?

generally BBs pulling left or right is a problem with the hop nub not sitting right.

Sorry I should rephrase. On my gun there are two separate rails. One part of the main body and the other where the rails are free floating. Placing the sight on the main body the red dot aims way to the right, and can't be zeroed left anymore. Placing the sight on the front rail it's fine. It's like the actual rail is wonky. If I look down the gun without a sight I can slightly see that the rail bends. Does this make sense? Thanks for the quick response.

• Supporters

You could just try bending it back slightly.

Support the barrel and the stock and put some weight in the middle and leave it for a day or so. Or just send it back and get a replacement.

• Supporters

I wouldn't say it was normal, but it's something I can imagine can, will, and does happen. A lot of people probably just don't mention it to anyone, or don't notice it, or don't care.

A lot of people seem to just buy optics to look cool and never actually bother to zero them, which I consider moronic at best, but the number of times I've picked up someone's gun to have a go and their sights have been off by more than several feet is so common I've lost count.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.