Question about Chronoing and BB weight

LeoGaunt

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, i'm relatively new to airsoft and looking to go to my first game this Saturday,

I was wondering if anyone could help me, If my gun chronos at over 350fps (my local sites limit on non single shot guns), do they generally allow you to use a heavier weight of BB to reduce the FPS to meet the chrono limit?

Does anyone have any experience of this? I heard of people downgrading the springs etc to accomidate for FPS limits, and I have wonder why they wouldn't use heavier BBs instead and therefore presumed its either not allowed (ie chrono is always done with 0.2 or something) or there is a disadvantage to heavier BBs?.

Grateful for any help! Thanks!

do they generally allow you to use a heavier weight of BB to reduce the FPS to meet the chrono limit?

Nope, and trying to do so will generally earn you a life time ban from the site.

Why, are they chronoed using 0.2 BBs?

Because it's the most common weight.

Really it's the energy that matters, not the fps. but it's a lot easier to measure fps.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.