Problem fitting Suppressor to an AK. Help!

CaptainSwoop

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have taken the horrible fat flash hider thing off the front and I want to put on a suppressor.

It has a CCW 14mmm thread on the barral end which is fine but, when I screw the suppressor on it leaves a gap between the suppressor and the mount for the gas block/foresight.

It seems the one I took off is supposed to butt up against this and helps to keep it solid. At the moment it moves around and the top ofthe handguard is loose.

Has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it please?

100_0269_zps5af781aa.jpg

There are two pins but don't keep it tight for some reason.

I thought of a thick washer or tube to bridge but wondered if there was something obvious I am missing.

I will get my dad to turn up a sleeve on his lathe.

• Supporters

If the two pins through the underside of the front sight / gas block piece are not keeping it solidly attached to the barrel, then although you may be able to get it all wobbly free by tightening something onto the muzzle thread, it will be only one medium bump away from failure. Such a failure could, if you were carrying it slung, result in losing the top front handguard endcap - which particular one i mention because they are like the proverbial rocking horse shite...

You might try taking the pins out and spreading the split in the dowel to make them fatter. They will then fit more tightly in their holes. If they have been hammered in and out a few times, they may have lost their springiness. These people do solid body pins - personally i was unable to find the right size split hollow dowel pins. However if you go after replacements and come up with the goods, please msg me ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.