help newbi buying cm16 or similar

HitEmUp

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

right been looking at a g&g cm16 and im more confused than ever as there's so many different choices , im not ukara registered so it will be painted

Are all g&g cm16s the same in different colours ? there is a transparent , green, and black version.?

Then theres a carbine and a raider, then theres the lite lol witch is better ? There is also so many different varients

And finaly can someone please post me a link to the exact batttery i need and charger preferably the cheapest possible but still good ??

ANy other gun options ? im on a budget of about £150 for gun an batteries

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=5645

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=6076

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?WD=transparent&PN=cm16_carbine_transparent%2ehtml#SID=239

• Supporters

Internally they're the same gun. Pick the one you like the look of.

Cheapest route for battery and charger is NiMh http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=5790 and something along the lines of this: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=2656

You could get a LiPo 7.4V battery for a similar price but the charger will cost more as you should really get a decent balance charger for them (which run around £35+).

MAKE SURE YOU BUDGET A DECENT AMOUNT FOR EYE PROTECTION!!!!!

Are all g&g cm16s the same in different colours ? there is a transparent , green, and black version.?

There's only 1 model of transparent CM16 as far as I know, there are some tan ones too. The VCRA compliant (brightly coloured) version's colour will depend on the retailer you buy from, proairsoftsupplies spray them snot green and fire support spray them bright red. Idk about other retailers though, if you want to pay an extra fee on top of the cost of spraying it I'm sure they'll spray it in a colour of your choosing.

I'd go for the transparent one anyway, once you've got a defence or are at least a regular skirmisher you can spray it in any colour you want, and you won't be as obvious as a player with a bright orange gun.

thanks for the info guys looks like i will go for the transparent one, do i need to get ukara before i paint it ?? please explain..

also with regards to the charger im sure i have an rc car charger about the house or does it have to be a certain type that charges to a certain level?

• Supporters

thanks for the info guys looks like i will go for the transparent one, do i need to get ukara before i paint it ?? please explain..

also with regards to the charger im sure i have an rc car charger about the house or does it have to be a certain type that charges to a certain level?

If it can charge NiMh batteries at the right voltage and current then it should be fine (all the airsoft battery technology comes from the RC market originally anyway it's mostly just the shape of the batteries that differs).

• Supporters

There is a whole section of AF-UK dedicated to legal issues and many discussions here in General also, but the short version is no, you do not have to be registered with UKARA for the defences against prosecution under the VCRA to apply to you. As soon as you go airsofting, you are an airsofter, which means that you can 'Manufacture a Realistic Imitation Firearm' which is legalese for take the bright paint off, or put realistic colour on, your AEG/s. The issue however is proof which is why most retailers will not sell RIF's to you without a UKARA number and UK Customs apparently do not recognise any other proof (regardless of the legality of their taking that position).

The simplest way to get a decent looking gun is to jump through the hoops and register with UKARA - 3 games in not less than 2 months, but not more than 12 months. For most sites the difference in price between renting one of their guns and turning up with your own is about £20, so buying your own now will save you £60 minus the cost of changing it to an RIF (measured in hassle not just cash and the fact that if you dismantle it to paint it, you void your warranty vs depending on how well you spray it whilst assembled, you may also void your warranty).

That said you could buy 2nd hand, because many people will accept a photo of you airsofting as proof, and it is the seller who could in theory be prosecuted, not the buyer, so it is up to them (and anyone whose knowledge of events surrounding this law is current knows that it is not being enforced by the police anyway). Nevertheless we are a responsible forum and we urge you to abide by the letter of the law, which means do not attempt to cajole someone into selling you an RIF before you are a skirmisher.

Another way depends on who runs your nearest site/s because some game organisers also retail guns and equipment and, if they are UKARA members (which most are), they may sell you an RIF but not allow you to take it home until after you have completed your 3rd game in not less than 2 months - this is the best solution if you want to buy new, but it's not that widely available.

Short he says... lol!

HOLY fuck THANK YOOUUU!!!!!

You found another starter pack place you are now going on my awesomeness-ly awesomeness list...

Oh, it's the same one that was on pro airsoft supplies I think so it should be great as people on here say it was amazing! :D Good luck with it and have fun! xD

yeah, but change out the goggles. I have used them in the past, they are fine but wouldn't use them now. Also, you may want to look at upgrading some stuff later on (battery and charger to LiPo). all in all seriously good gun though :)

Not at all, I changed the stock the sights and the front handguard. For a small price of can even get rails for the handguard although a moe handguard looks way more sexy. As soon as you have a rail attached you can put just about anything on

• Supporters

is there a handgaurd with torch built in out there for these?

Yes, but you'd be better off changing to a different style of handguard with rails to let you attach a torch more easily. Try not to confuse "upgrade" with "accessorise" though, "upgrade" is generally taken as changing the internals to achieve better performance (which to be honest you shouldn't need for a while yet) whereas the bits you bolt on to change the look are more "accessories" - stocks, handguards, sights etc.

You WILL ask loads of questions on what to get (Flex will advise you to buy everything the same as he did but that's just his way and we love him for it - kinda like a little puppy), you WILL spunk a load of cash on stuff to bolt onto your gun to make it "yours" and you WILL end up with most if not all of it skulking around on your bedroom floor when you realise it eith doesn't help, doesn't fit or makes your gun too heavy to bother with. Don't feel bad about it though, everyone does it. It's like an airsoft rite of passage if you will.

This is the handguard with built in torch http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=GP-ACC-726A&search=special&rs=m500&catid=&cat=&view_choice=a

or you could get a Magpul MOE style handguard but you'll also need the rail kit to be able to bolt torches on. Failing that you can look for a 7" RIS handguard.

• Supporters

Just to be clear here, that starter pack is a good deal for what you get - if you bought those items separately, especially if you bought them from various retailers so had shipping added for each item, you would have to pay plenty more. But it is not amazing. Nor is it awesome.

For £120 + Shipping it is most of what you need to see if you enjoy airsoft. The only other essential is decent boots.

The gun will keep up with most you will be up against. The eyepro gives good seethruability, but if you take a burst of full auto to the face, although there is no way that the mesh will fail there and then, it may bend so much that it becomes unsafe to use in future. It's pretty rare for that to happen though, because you jump and move your head!

If you run around and pant inside that mask, you will get spit building up inside it, which is unpleasant. Compared to other designs it is not particularly comfortable - you've got thin plastic edges against your skin and you have to wear your eyepro tight, because if it slips while you are running, you could lose an eye. The problem is that the mask portion hangs from the goggles portion and all of it is attached to you by the single goggle strap, which means that you have to have the goggle strap tighter than if it was just supporting the weight of the goggles, causing the plastic edges to dig in more - I took the mask off and wore the goggs with a half face mask with its own strap... but only once because I had better goggs in the post!

Read this before you spend any more money. Loz is right though - you will buy stuff which turns out to have been not worth bothering with. There is a whole industry based on the enthusiasm of noob airsofters, because we all went "Oh yeah, this is cool! Now I want all the toys... shiney shiney! Etc." and 90% of it is bollocks.

Before you buy a different handguard, start a thread on here to ask if anyone knows whether it will fit a CM16, because different manufacturers do use slightly different sizes and methods of attachment. But before you think about fitting a torch, you need at least one spare mag. In truth, unless the site you attend has plenty of dark areas, you will get more fun out of a pack of 5 midcap mags and the webbing to carry them.

Have you decided what you are going to wear? Knee and elbow pads will probably be more use than a torch also.

Just to throw in the mix, been reading latest AI mag, Airsoft Zone are doing a newbie 2 tone CM16 starter pack deal for £139.99, comes with gun, battery, charger, Blaster BBs and face mask. Can't link direct but website is www.airsoftzone.co.uk

Also do gun only for £99.99.

Never used them before but it sounds a good deal.

• Supporters

^^That's probably the same pack just £10 more expensive!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.