broke my new gun in the first 10 seconds :(

Dan88

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm gutted but I'm also a complete tit.

My Classic Army Aug A1 came today which I bought from a member on this forum,

I was stood in my back garden with the gun, barrel facing down, there's a button on the stock and I wasn't sure what it did, so I pushed it and the whole front end of the gun fell out the stock and smashed on the floor! Lol :(

The only damage was the flash hider falling off, but it snapped off from the barrel, and I can't seem to find an outer barrel anywhere for sale, they still make the CA Aug so I'm assuming parts are available.

The damage isn't massive it's just really frustrating and proving a mare to fix.

20140908_193029.jpg

20140908_193147.jpg

Bit of a bugger that! Short of finding another outer barrel about the only thing you could do is find a piece of brass tube from a model shop that fits snuggly in the outer barrel and araldite it in place, and araldite the end piece onto that, though you'd probably have to cut a couple of inches off the inner barrel too to do it unless the brass tube wall is thin enough to fit inside the outer barrel but also allow the inner barrel to pass through it which is unlikely tbh. Its a bodge in any event. Maybe try a post in the wanted section? I imagine a new Classic Army outer barrel won't be cheap unfortunately, even if you do find one.

I'd rather get another outer barrel and do it properly if I could. I wouldn't even like to put a price on an outer barrel? Are classic army parts expensive?

I've just heard that tokyo marui parts fit, still not helping me find one though.

If anything I'd prefer a slightly shorter barrel,

http://www.evike.com/index.php?cPath=25_101_271

A quick google finds a whole page of AUG barrels at evike. Steel of aluminium and different lengths.

My dad just mentioned his friend has a lathe, so that's what I'm gonna do, it'll make the outer barrel say 15mm shorter but it's not the end of the world.

Haha. The way the front end fell out, you wouldn't believe lol.

I've order an Action Aug outer barrel from America, it's 125 mm so I think it's a bit shorter than the standard one,

• Supporters

Berretta arx-160 aeg

dust cover slides back and stays there to adjust hop-up

oh there is a button underneath....

press button - dust cover zips closed - AND FVCKING MAG FALLS OUT !!!

WTF - who invented this crap, yeah thats it bb's curving very very very slightly up

yeah that seems perfect now close the door as it is all set sweet - WTF ????

Or

This is Gospel truth - TWA Saturday morning, youngster in late teens was saying how great his

TM AK is - it just keeps going - 4yrs old, bought it off a m8 2yrs ago but it just keeps going,

even though it is a bit beaten up now is a credit to TM

Now we all know how not to tempt fate etc.....

mid morning whilst running through village, hugging his beloved AK across his body....

fails to realise they rebuilt some of the doorway damaged by vandal's fire....

CRACK - the barrel bends at near 90 degrees before it snaps in half....

The Marshal is crying with laughter, the young guy has now a quick detatch TM in both hands

everybody was talking about it and site lent him a hire gun out of pity or just for making their day

I fvcking missed it coz went half day walkon that afternoon but EVERYBODY was still laughing about it

Please - if you are on here please post a pic coz I missed it but my son & his team was still pi$$ing themselves

about it the rest of the afternoon

yea that detach button in the aug is a trap for anyone who dosnt realise / thinks its safety or somesuch. must have been something similar to the previous owner of mine, he lost the spring out of his(that keeps the button on...) anywho you do occasionally find full aug front ends on ebay. just search aug airsoft... might get lucky. probably £30 ish if you are lucky... in fact there's 2 outer barrels on right now....

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.