Inner barrel

Hendy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Recently bought a G&G Firehawk and I am wondering what my options would be with upgrading the inner barrel with out extending it. I have looked around and the most I have seen is pistol barrels.

Just because they come with a 6.03 tight bore doesn't mean its any good. For one thing its brass and not steel, and for the other the barrel itself might not be all that straight or finished very well. I haven't yet proven my barrel is at fault for my accuracy issues, but with FPS consistent (within 3 fps) and a g hop in there I am now leaning towards my wonderful 6.03 tightbore barrel from G&G being the issue causing terrible accuracy.

Tightbore != accuracy

Good quality = accuracy whether its tight or not

What a tightbore does is use gas more efficiently, so it raises FPS. We have good video evidence that the BB travels along the top of the barrel regardless of the inner diameter, and that minor issues in that can impact accuracy and range.

So I wouldn't say there is no upgrade available not at all. But at the very least test your barrel and determine how the accuracy holds up compared to other guns at range before you determine there is an issue.

• Supporters

Just because they come with a 6.03 tight bore doesn't mean its any good. For one thing its brass and not steel, and for the other the barrel itself might not be all that straight or finished very well. I haven't yet proven my barrel is at fault for my accuracy issues, but with FPS consistent (within 3 fps) and a g hop in there I am now leaning towards my wonderful 6.03 tightbore barrel from G&G being the issue causing terrible accuracy.

Tightbore != accuracy

Good quality = accuracy whether its tight or not

What a tightbore does is use gas more efficiently, so it raises FPS. We have good video evidence that the BB travels along the top of the barrel regardless of the inner diameter, and that minor issues in that can impact accuracy and range.

So I wouldn't say there is no upgrade available not at all. But at the very least test your barrel and determine how the accuracy holds up compared to other guns at range before you determine there is an issue.

Regardless of the validity of the principle, personally I'd say that the Firehawk has SUCH a short barrel it's probably not worth dicking about with. In my opinion at least.

• Supporters

I upgraded the barrel of my JG V61 Scorpion (their name for Vz61 Skorpion) to a 127x6.01mm PDI / x-fire.org were having a free postage event (it's something they do periodically so always worth popping in) so i thought i may as well give it a whirl - glad i did. Even though the groove for the rubber is on the same side as the window requiring a very rare type of rubber (which I CBA with) so I have been using it with a bodged in ordinary rubber wrapped in PTFE tape, the flat-ish range increased by over 5m but accuracy at range is markedly better - I'm waiting for some gb parts for it before i open it up again, but i now have one of the correct shape rubbers, so i have great hopes for it, since the ROF has been made more than acceptable by a LiPo and Gate Pico MOSFET.

Note: not all PDI barrels have the funky groove position.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.