GwegglesGaming - YouTube

Gweggles
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all!

So I am a brand new airsoft player who enjoys making videos, so why not do both! I've decided to post my videos here so I can gain feedback on how I play and how I edit.

I only really got into airsoft after watching the likes of LevelCap and then Bullet4MyEnemy/Ed, so if I can inspire someone to take it up too then I'm a happy man!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Some nice tactics, good call on getting your guys to back off down the stairs to avoid the grenades, and backing off into the room after baiting them into wasting their frags was a nice move too, I was surprised I didn't hear any cheat calling going off after that sneaky manoeuvre :P

For future reference I'd always suggest trying to work with open doors when you're the ones assaulting a position, otherwise your enemy can sight up on the door as it's closed, and as soon as they see it move they've got the upper hand - they know where you're going to be, they're letting you make the first mistake.

So doors open as soon as you've established contact, get everyone out of line with the door, and get it locked open as soon as possible. Then you're on even footing, you can peak your head without giving them any knowledge of when it's going to happen, then you can work towards you being the one to get your guns raised and trained on the position they're in, instead of the other way around.

As moose said, some text or commentary wouldn't go amiss with this sort of video, the title made it sound like it was going to be a tutorial, but there's nothing about it that's teaching people. It shows off some good stuff, but unless you already know it, it's not going to be obvious to newer players what you're trying to show.

Baby steps though, it's all about trial and error with your initial videos, sooner or later you'll develop a following that will watch your content without you having to try and tailor it, so really it's just a case of tidying up what you're doing and making everything as clear cut and to the point as possible. :)

Awesome info and feedback. Thanks! x

• 6 months later...

Hey! After what feels like an eternity away from airsoft and editing videos, I've been airsofting for a fair few consecutive weeks and want to create some more content. Above is actually a game from a while ago that I had not edited. I'm now running with the Tippmann M4 so there will be footage of that at some point too. As before, I'd still appreciate feedback on editing and gameplay.

• 1 month later...

Nice. What camera are you using?

Go Pro Hero 3 White. I've just recently picked up a mobius HD cam as a scope cam. Some footage of that to be edited further down the line.

So I've added a HUD. Let me know what you think.

• Supporters

That's good. What software do you use? I am just starting to make videos; so I'm still using Movie Maker (don't worry, I have more advanced software). Also, how do you get the BF style kill feed?

I use a combination of Adobe software. After Effects, Premiere Pro and Photoshop. There's loads of tutorials for these so it's easy to get into. They offer a lot better rendering facilities than your standard movie maker.

The kill feed is a series of transitions on after effects that is simply copy and pasted over the original footage.

• 1 month later...

More on its way!

• 2 weeks later...

Let me know what you would like to see. Would you like any vidoes of anything else?

nice vid dude... last guy made of unobtanium I guess of did ya mag jam?

"subbed"

Thanks a lot bro!

I think he probably was. Thankfully the martial was there to point out his error.

Never had a mag jam with the Tippmann. Used it at around 12/13 skirmishes now.

Thanks for the sub! x

I've only just discovered this thread. But im so glad i did man, really impressive stuff.

"Subbed". :P

Thanks Captain, I appreciate the kind words!

Thank you for subbing! x

• 2 months later...

Since my last video, I've made some changes to the channel and added another camera.

• Head Moderator

Having a voice over is great as it gives context to what is happening and makes the video much more enjoyable to watch.

Looks like a good site.

It is a great site. I would definitely recommend you try it if possible.

These videos are really good, i decided to get some equipment and start making my own videos I'm quite new to the sport so I can't really make tactic videos like you so what videos would you recommend? I'm 15 so I play with quite a high energy play style and normally do short games any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• 1 month later...

These videos are really good, i decided to get some equipment and start making my own videos I'm quite new to the sport so I can't really make tactic videos like you so what videos would you recommend? I'm 15 so I play with quite a high energy play style and normally do short games any advice would be greatly appreciated!

It's all about having fun, bro! I started because I like editing, love airsoft and wanted to get more involved in the airsoft community. I have played PC FPS games for a long while so I tend to transfer things I have picked up and take them into airsoft. That's what I tend to talk about. But it's completely up you. Whatever you do, don't compromise on quality. The best thing I have learnt is when a project is done, it's done. Learn what went well, what didn't and just keep moving forward. I will make some more videos. However I would recommend Ed aka Bullet4MyEnemy. Great guy and he makes some great stuff.

We have an unboxing and first impressions of the GG Armament CM16 SRXL. As always, feedback on the video is greatly appreciated.

Our first "How To" video. Feedback would be great. Thank you!

• 3 months later...

I got into taking photos quite heavily so videos have been neglected over the last 3 months.

See my photos on my Instagram at @airsoftaddict.gweggles

Archived