KSC/KWA G17 issue - likely culprit in the hammer group area?

Gretik

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

My guns are a fun bag of broken at the moment!

My KSC G17 is essentially brand new, though it looks battered to all hell externally after a particularly brutal woodland game spent tripping, falling and scraping.

The gun has an issue where it fires one or two shots, and then locks up part way on the return to battery - which causes it to gas out.

I've tested/cleaned and stripped everything in the slide and bar the fact I now need to replace the nozzle springs due to my own mandhandling, everything there was A-OK.

(The nozzle still moves smoothly, but I'm aware both springs are kinked now and should be replaced.)

The telling thing is that with an empty magazine, no gas - if I hold down the magazine release and rack the gun with the trigger held - the gun sticks about half way on the return to battery - every time.

From what I've been able to tell on various threads and forums, this sounds like a problem with part numbers 81 or 87?

http://www.airsoftevents.com/medias/images/G17.jpg

Any help would be appreciated, especially if I am wrong - my current thought is that part 66/67 might be putting unwanted pressure on 81?

Mine was that part 87 was catching on the inside of part 93 so it wouldn't reset when returning to battery all it took was a little sanding maybe .5mm to 1mm and it works fine now. Also try pushing the magazine up as you fire as it maybe the plastic magazine release

Cheers for the advice, but it is way too late now, it's a few months old, has been a little bit battered in the field and I know that it's missing one small spring (part 82), which I lost.

If I'd clocked on that it was faulty in the first week or two, sure - can't be bothered to go through the hassle of trying to prove that it wasn't my fault. (Especially since some of the wear and such most definitely is my fault!)

I work in supply, if not directly in retail and I know how fantastically annoyed I would be if someone tried to return this gun after the time I've had it.

Will be trying to put this back together on Friday or Saturday, hopefully - if not, then next week. Looks like it might be the sear or the disconnect lever causing the issue.

Checked the rocket valve just in case, that's functioning. The ruined nozzle return springs will definitely not be helping, but I messed them up when I first tried to fix it!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.