The Scale Models/War gaming discussion and pictures thread.

AirsoftTed

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Big news!!!!!

Well, yesterday I turned the shed into my diorama workshop then popped to the Range and Wickes to get my supplies and I've already planned all the trenches! I must admit lol, it is quite snug up there! Even bought a clock for £1 from the Charity shop XD!!!!

Looks a good start mate! Maybe a fallen tree or two? and a few dead/cows or horses if you can get any. Maybe some MG nests at the front of the trenches?

Kitchen tissue makes good canvas when sprayed, wooden tea stirrers from McDonalds will make good duck boards (the planks they walked on) ladders can be made from cocktail sticks, sewing thread bobins can be used for barbed wire or cables wrapped around

Thanks both!

Just stopped putting all the board tingys that are on the trench walls......hell thy are so damn fiddily!

Lets just say I may have been a tad blasphemous durin the cutting process of the trench.....

:ph34r:

Got my own WW1 trench I made for a history project years ago. My grandfather is heavily into modelling (specifically in doing historically and location accurate 00 gauge train sets- he has written and published massive series of books about them too) and I got a lot of help from him. I used some old railway figurines of his and painted them khaki to look as realistic as possible.

Enough waffling, here's the pics:

Yk735h6.jpg

71N4jLI.jpg

VULRWnf.jpg

Closeup of dugout

hmZBDac.jpg

Wire section- not completely accurate and was damaged in storage- however I think this makes it look nicely battle scarred

iAA9Rs3.jpg

Closeup of crater detail

2ksUttR.jpg

Edit: got some Warhammer 40K space marines incl. standard troop units, scouts, veterans and 2 tanks (Rhino and a Vindicator- the one with the Earthshaker cannon and bulldozer blade?) as well as 1 bike unit up for sale if anyone's interested?

Update of the diorama, sorry for bad quality!

imagejpg2_zps25c76680.jpg

imagejpg1_zps138d2b0f.jpg

Thing on the far left is supposed to be a memorial/grave prototype. Any advice is welcome!!!

The duck boards take sooooo long!

Sigh i miss warhammer..well other than the over priced models & painting & GW staff cheating like a Mofo & people allergic to water

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Having broken my arm and thus not being able to play airsoft, playstation or anything else for a few months I've decided to give 40k another go, haven't done any for 6-7 years so I'm assuming a lot has changed so will have to read up a bit on everything before getting started again.

Dug out soome of my old stuff to give me some motivation and thought I'd share, sold most of it off but have the odd thing or two left.

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0345.jpg

IMAG0349.jpg

Apologies for the terribleness of the photos but the blurriness might hide some rough edges :D

Having broken my arm and thus not being able to play airsoft, playstation or anything else for a few months I've decided to give 40k another go, haven't done any for 6-7 years so I'm assuming a lot has changed so will have to read up a bit on everything before getting started again.

Dug out soome of my old stuff to give me some motivation and thought I'd share, sold most of it off but have the odd thing or two left.

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0345.jpg

IMAG0349.jpg

Apologies for the terribleness of the photos but the blurriness might hide some rough edges :D

Best of luck..i so want to give it another go..well minus the painting

That's my favourite part lol :lol:

i have what they call moroncouldnotpaintabarndoorifhetried syndrome

bad wrist + poor eye sight = blob models..ok not that bad but i really cant paint haha i see my self as more a tactician more than a painter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.