The Scale Models/War gaming discussion and pictures thread.

AirsoftTed

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm happy with my £2 return to Edinburgh and hour train to Glasgow. You'd pay that for a can of coke at the petrol station never mind Petrol!

Dayum thats cheap. It costs me £11 for a return into London :angry:

I discovered a small model shop 5 mins away from me :)

I now have some trees, 2 shades of flocking and some paints. I bought a picture frame to use as a base for a diorama and some air setting modelling clay to build the ground. I have started building a scene with a small river through the middle and a muddy track fording the river. I shall try doing the river with Yacht varnish.

I'm looking in wells for model shop as mum works there. Can find loooaaaddddssss of Lego and a few months ago would have loved it but can't find any diorama stuff, so it looks like I'll be unleashing my mouse onto the internet soon.

• Supporters

I'm looking in wells for model shop as mum works there. Can find loooaaaddddssss of Lego and a few months ago would have loved it but can't find any diorama stuff, so it looks like I'll be unleashing my mouse onto the internet soon.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=model%20shop%20wells

After a talk with my mum, we've decided that I can convert half of our 40/50 (been around hella long time, my grandad built it) or a quarter of our old shed into a small diorama workshop!!! I can no longer use my desk so much as studying for GCSE's and don't want glue etc all over my school books lol. Anyway, pics to follow, we're doing small bits up until an inset day were its just me and my mum at home (brother'll be out with friends most likely) and hopefully with a bit of luck and an early start I'll have a sort of workshop! :D

One niggly worry though is that this may make airsoft even harder to persuade. (Sorry for bad grammer, had a whole day of German and maths tests D:) But Airsoft, diorama and school are the Main list of things I need to do. As for Airsoft, I hope to be able to go during Christmas holidays or a weekend or so earlier if I have done well in my tests (B or higher which I hope I've got as predicted grade A :D) and my brother gets fifa 15 (which is a definate lol) . So, wish me luck lol.

Bit the bullet and starting making that diabolical Airfix WW1 set because someone stepped on the box whilst I was out. My god its worse than I first though, even the tanks are badly done making them hard to glue together. The infantry, well I can't even consider looking at them all, I attempted the emplacements but they're proving nigh on impossible to figure out and assemble as none of the peg arrangements fit any of the holes in the bases (not that the pegs are long enough or the holes are wide enough)

• Supporters

I've got one of these, except painted a desert camo pattern, with the silly wheels removed, and a painted pilot and far more realistic cockpit added.

Looks the absolute shit.

But I don't have any photos because it's at my dads and I've not flown it in about 5 years =[

Might get back into it when I got a job, as I just found out there's a brushless motor upgrade :P

Bit the bullet and starting making that diabolical Airfix WW1 set because someone stepped on the box whilst I was out. My god its worse than I first though, even the tanks are badly done making them hard to glue together. The infantry, well I can't even consider looking at them all, I attempted the emplacements but they're proving nigh on impossible to figure out and assemble as none of the peg arrangements fit any of the holes in the bases (not that the pegs are long enough or the holes are wide enough)

Are you taking it back?

If not, how are you getting one and is it as hard as you thought?

I can't now thats why I had to start it.

It's not "hard" you could have a child do it easilly, but to do it to any degree of decency is hard as what you're presented with is poorly cast crap that doesnt line up or is covered in flash lol. The MG's and mortars don't go on their bases and theres no instructions for them so they'll need to be jury rigged some how. I got halfway through a tank and gave up as it was so not interesting or enjoyable, I'm reluctant to re-visit it to be very honest. Gutted I spent the money on it!

I can't now thats why I had to start it.

It's not "hard" you could have a child do it easilly, but to do it to any degree of decency is hard as what you're presented with is poorly cast crap that doesnt line up or is covered in flash lol. The MG's and mortars don't go on their bases and theres no instructions for them so they'll need to be jury rigged some how. I got halfway through a tank and gave up as it was so not interesting or enjoyable, I'm reluctant to re-visit it to be very honest. Gutted I spent the money on it!

I found the MG problem when I bought some British WW1 infantry along with the ww1 artillery. Probably sounds mean but, thanks for buying it, you saved me £25!

For the diorama and probably most if not all I will just make without too many if not no sets. For my D-Day one I may need some kits though, already bought this for a bargain (said before but got some pics now)

imagejpg1_zps503bbbed.jpg

When it's done will hopefully look like so:

imagejpg1_zpsacd97bb0.jpg

And the troops:

imagejpg1_zps62bf2a75.jpg

imagejpg4_zps8551db09.jpg

imagejpg3_zps26ca6b39.jpg

imagejpg2_zps620195d7.jpg

Will probably get some stuff from here but not too sure:

http://www.amera.co.uk/product.php?range=l

Just a wee "sneak peek" of a huge d-day one I'm planning while I'm stocking up on stuff for the WW1 one.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.