The Scale Models/War gaming discussion and pictures thread.

AirsoftTed

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Really looking forward to making it! :D

Probably sounds mean but, thanks for buying it because had u not I would have and I probably wouldn't have had the time nor money to go back to dioramas!

Antics? Fairfax street in Bristol. Might be popping in there tomorrow as I need paints and diorama stuff.

There's Loco-Notion Models in Meadow street W-S-M.

• Supporters

Yup. No where here sales clay or modelling kit either now D:

On the grounds that you're posting here I assume you are aware that the internet has shops that sell this stuff....right? For less money too.

• Supporters

Yes but it would be great to have somewhere where I could walk to instead.

Very true. Unfortunately much like a great many other "minority" hobbies there just isn't the demand for bricks and mortar shops any more. The long running Comet Miniatures in Lavender Hill even shut down last year. Modelzone was a bit rubbish but at least you could, as you say, go in and just have a look.

There's a little modelling shop next door to the comic book shop I frequent (yes I am THAT geeky) and he sells all kinds of good stuff by way of supplies but there never seems to be anyone in there!.

Just done a spot repair on someone's 1/72 Lancaster for them. Its fecking massive even at this scale. its almost as long as my Keyboard which is not a short one either...

So I totally failed to get of my arse and go to Antics today. Might manage to go before work tomorrow. I have built the Matilda except for the running gear as I ideally need to paint it before assembly.

Was looking at the painting guide for the Aussie troops, OMG they have it all wrong. Revell wants me to give them black boots, green (long) trousers and khaki shirts. Australian troops wore brown/tan boots, by the time they were issued long trousers the shirts would have been green. One of them is wearing a gas mask bag, yet Japan never had Gas? I really would have expected some research to have been done by whoever designed these.

• Supporters

In the merchant city in Glasgow there's a comicy/card game/model shop as you say Lozart. within 5 minutes of that there's another 4 model shops :P

That's nice. 5 minutes from a comic shop and yet 420 miles away from the one I'm thinking of..... ;)

• Supporters

Only 4 hours on a train from London, make a day trip of it's lads!

6 hours on a train from me.

Not on a train though. Eurgh. Poor people use them.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.