The Scale Models/War gaming discussion and pictures thread.

AirsoftTed

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1026-thumbnail1.jpg 1/35 German 2cm Flakvierling 38 Model Kit 1 £4.95 1996-thumbnail1.jpg 1/35 Sand Bags Set Model Kit 1 £3.59 3582.jpg 1/35 German Panzergrenadiers 1 £6.74 35048.jpg 1/35 US Army Infantry European Theatre Model Kit 1

£4.28

A teaser of whats to come, just bought these! Going to try and get down to Hobby Craft and buy a diorama board and some foilage.

• Supporters

Looks like you got a great setup there lozart!

This is my spare room. Home to my PC, guns and airbrushing gear. Plus some of my models. Some.

• Supporters

I need one of these "spare rooms"! I store my model stuff under my bed and on the shelf if finished well....

You'll need a job and a mortgage first! Of course - then you won't be able to afford to buy models for a while ;)

The pics I posted of the battlefield are a tad old I'll try putting some new ones up on here when I've got some more time and kit!

On the list to do are:

Somme battlefield.

D-day :D

Commando raid in France (not dieppe)

Gallipoli.

Charge of the light brigade.

These will probably be expensive so will be put on hold for a few......years..... :(

But the Somme and D-Day will be done first! :D

Right I have a plan. Get homework done the day it's set (dang). Then next weekend I'll run down to the local model shop buy some clay and paints and hey presto! With dad at golf I'll have some time to do it and "experiment a bit"!!!!!!!

Looking forward to it!

Luckily for my birthday I got some airfix kits. But you people should try some balsa kits. You build them out of balsa wood (hence the name...) and then use some dope (no not drugs) get the tissue paper on and sought out internals and you have a plane that'll fly! And even better its not a bunch of weird jets! They do ww1 planes aswell as ww2, Vietnam era etc...

:D

Right Lads, discuss models you're working on, share pictures, plans, dioramas, places to buy, brands of model and paint, even war gaming models such as those in Bolt action and Flames of War.

All of it goes here. Enjoy :)

photo15_zpsaf3f05ab.jpg

photo43_zpscefeadac.jpg

This is my first model, will shortly begin work on a Normandy diorama in 1/35 or 1/72 I am undecided thus far. I like the look of Italeri and Taimya models and paint, so willl likely go for them.

Also considering buying a Bolt Action rule book (I like the look of the game but I'm not going to use their models) and perhaps get a friend to play against me (May give my diorama an alternate purpose)

How did you get the mud on it without getting crumbs of it etc stuck everywhere with lumps? I usually use paint.

What would of really been impressive was if I'd drank the other 4 I had! Alas, its still not finished in my eyes, once I get some washes I'll be able to add depth to her.

Problem is when I start one I'll end up not finishing it for a while because I don't get round to it. What I did for a while was glue them all together and then paint a load at once. It was a great day as it was stormy outside. But I think I'll stop doing that because I need at least a few things to complete my stop motion stuff on the battlefield (the one in the pics). I won't be doing one over a pint for a while though....Great job though on those models people!

I used to do that when I was your age James, I had the D day anniversary set by airfix (bought it three times in total as each time I finished it someone stomped all over it)

And I'd get frustrated halfway through a half track and be like f*ck this im doing a landing craft lol.

Now I get too engrossed in things, I spent the whole day pretty much doing that tank, didn't move from my chair except maybe 5 times!

My toy soldiers always used to get trodden on and then I ended up putting more on my Christmas list. Was supposed to get rid of them all over summer holidays but damn I couldn't get rid of them all, I've had some for 5 years + :)

This is only the beginning :D Mums allowing me one of these as a gift!!!! (For being in top maths, I'm youngest in the year so I'm real happy xD)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2371500.htm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2136824.htm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2277635.htm

You people have no idea how glad I am that this is before Christmas as my birthday money is going towards a trip to spartan airsoft. Anyone got any D-Day diorama kits they can post? Or has anyone got these kits? If so how good are they? I have got enough troops to do it definately just need the sets!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.