The Scale Models/War gaming discussion and pictures thread.

AirsoftTed

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Aye, that's Bolt Action James. I like the rules and game itself, just not the miniatures. I can't help but find them somewhat cartoony and unrealistic, maybe its just me being awkward. I'd also prefer to use a more commonly available scale like 1/35 or 1/72 as opposed to 28mm so I can customize my army more easily (and cheaper!)

Aside from the bolt action stuff, right now I'm planning a Battle of Mogadishu (Black Hawk down and locally known as "Day of the rangers") diorama. Joined a modelling forum a while back and they have helped quite a bit.

How am I supposed to do my English homework now you've shown me that video!! lol.

Trouble is finding someone to play with if you're only a secret/part time geek like myself :lol:

That's very true. These days the only social things are consoles and sports. Board games and such.....hmmmm lol.

There will almost certainly be a war-gaming club nearby and WW2 is almost always one of the periods played :) Do a quick Google search and find one you like the look of and pop along for a look.

Beware though, sixes on a dice will become both your best friend and your worst enemy...

I've looked up any near me and they're a bit too far to be traveling. (not technically speaking, but it takes hours to get anywhere in London) So going to wait till I move back to Glasgow

28mm war-gaming tends to be expensive by standard. Warlord Games are one of the cheapest 28mm brands on the market though. Its an easy game to convert though to other scales. If you want to game for much less then take a look at plastic soldier company's 15mm range. You can get an entire company for about £15-20s.

• 3 months later...

Almost finished the Somme diorama! Just need to spray paint and then take away figure bases and glue on.

As well as barbed wire, trees, dead live stock, bunker, sandbags....

Bugger. Looks like I'm almost, almost finished. :ph34r:

• 3 months later...

I feel this thread definately deserves to be revived. Especially after all my airfix birthday presents have arrived :D . At the weekend I will be posting pictures of my (still work in progress :wacko: ) diorama as well as a few of the kits I got :D

Wow this brings back memories

Last time I played this was many years ago I had a collection of space wolves and blood marines

I was like a Warhammer 40k bad-boy as a kid, most my Dark Angel and Space Ork army was shop-lifted and I got banned from the Golden Demon Awards for underage drinking.

Still got a set of original grey-knight terminators somewhere (the ones that were emperor's bodyguards or something), kept them as they were supposedly super-old/rare in the 90's, rest got an overnight dip in meth, paint pealed off and flogged.

I think i can count on my hands the number of battles that I actually played and finished, play-time was usually over long before a clear victor was decided.

Sigh warhammer..my one true love..but i ******* hate painting/modelling haha so i can never really get back into it..well unless i save up and pay a moronic ammount on a god-like painted army

+ dwarves always getting shat on in lore & rules bugs the crap outta me

• 2 weeks later...

So, this model I made at the start of the summer is now on its way to the Air Cadet Corp modelling championships much to my complete surprise:

post-9736-0-84223900-1444004221_thumb.jpgpost-9736-0-78438100-1444004245_thumb.jpg

I also got the chance to lay out my collection of evil for the Lord of the Rings:

748638_sm-Lord%20Of%20The%20Rings%20Mord

748640_sm-Lord%20Of%20The%20Rings%20Mord

748639_sm-Lord%20Of%20The%20Rings%20Mord

748641_sm-Lord%20Of%20The%20Rings%20Mord

748642_sm-Lord%20Of%20The%20Rings%20Mord

What has everyone else been up to?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.