The Scale Models/War gaming discussion and pictures thread.

AirsoftTed

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right Lads, discuss models you're working on, share pictures, plans, dioramas, places to buy, brands of model and paint, even war gaming models such as those in Bolt action and Flames of War.

All of it goes here. Enjoy :)

photo15_zpsaf3f05ab.jpg

photo43_zpscefeadac.jpg

This is my first model, will shortly begin work on a Normandy diorama in 1/35 or 1/72 I am undecided thus far. I like the look of Italeri and Taimya models and paint, so willl likely go for them.

Also considering buying a Bolt Action rule book (I like the look of the game but I'm not going to use their models) and perhaps get a friend to play against me (May give my diorama an alternate purpose)

Create yourself a photobucket account Bud.

Email yourself the photos from your phone, save them to your computer then upload to photobucket. Use the IMG link beside your photo on photobucket then copy and paste it here :)

Aye built sober (ish) ;), painted and decal'd over the course of two pints haha! Thanks mate I'm flattered, its only the cheap starter cromwell airfix sell.

Edit: Going to take some pics of it now I've weather and muddied. ETA 5 minutes

That's some nice work guys :) the ship looks like it will be an interesting model once done.

Here's some of mine:

Erik the unimpressed Viking

605356_sm-Bust%2C%20Erik%2C%20Erik%20The

Norman dude:

410138_sm-54mm%2C%20Norman%20Knight%2C%2

Tiny dudes:

315684_sm-.JPG

Some more pics in the gallery here:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gallery-user.jsp?u=46025

That's some nice work guys :) the ship looks like it will be an interesting model once done.

Here's some of mine:

Erik the unimpressed Viking

605356_sm-Bust%2C%20Erik%2C%20Erik%20The

Norman dude:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/9/9/410138_sm-54mm%2C%20Norman%20Knight%2C%2054mm%20Norman%20Knight%20'Resting'.JPG

Tiny dudes:

315684_sm-.JPG

Some more pics in the gallery here:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gallery-user.jsp?u=46025

That last pic, do you have that whole table top for your models!?

You've got an amazing talent BB!

Here's the Cromwell weathered :

image_zps22badbd2.jpg

image_zps97651868.jpg

image_zps11ad89b0.jpg

image_zps9b314140.jpg

Edit: Just noticed my turret decal has fallen off! Will pick up some decal setter for my next model.

That last pic, do you have that whole table top for your models!?

That was just a garden bench with a green grass effect cloth on it. Each one of the guys in that picture are 6mm tall form feet to eyes.

You've got an amazing talent BB!

Edit: Just noticed my turret decal has fallen off! Will pick up some decal setter for my next model.

Thankyou! I hate decals with a passion :angry: I would rather freehand paint markings instead of faffing about with them.

The only thing i dont like about airfix is having to put the stickers in water (dont think the word sticker is used but can't remember the other word) to get them off and I ripped one on my spitfire :( Stilll, looking forward to doing the Lancaster!

I've bought a lot of airfix soldiers before aswell as aircrew, they really put a scene together! I've done some of the ones where you put the people together and it was fun, but sometimes for quickness when I'm making a stop-motion I use the Airfix troops.

If you want to get into 1/35th scale modelling then there worth it as the extra detail really helps but for 1/72nd scale, unless you go for metal miniatures there is little difference between the quality of manufactures.The exception being Ceaser Miniatures plastics.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.