M4 Help!!!

Buckerneer1

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok so I got my new CYMA M4 CBQ all Metal (Apart from the stock...)

Had it for around three weeks now, 1 of which it has spent in the box cause its fubard!!

I was firing it off when I think a pellet had be sucked back into the gearbox but it sounds like a drill,

I have no R.O.F, I've stripped it and cant find anything else that could be wrong except the gearbox!

Would anyone have any ideas of how to actually rectify this, due to skirmish Next sat!! :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Oh dear, this could be a problem, the screw adjusts the motor height, this alters how much contact the pinion gear has with the gear inside the gearbox, if you tighten too much, the pinion goes too far into the gear, if you loosen it too much, it wont be in contact with the gear much if not at all.

Hopefully its just a matter of adjustment and it will be back to normal. But there is a chance you have damaged the gears in some way if you have gone in too far with the motor. Quickest way to know is to adjust the height of the motor and see what it does. If it still doesn't turn over the gears then the motor or the gears might be damaged.

ok so, I stayed up till early hours trying to rectify the problem and still get this annoying drill like sound coming from the gun!

even though i've adjusted the contact screw and floated the pinion in the gears!

its still under warrenty with the shop (OBBG), but im worried that I may voided it....would it be easier to just buy a new G.B and Motor, or send it back to them to fix?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.